Photo
- - - - -

TD is back, but should we let him play in the preseason?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

According to RR, TD will play Sunday vs the jets. If you were the coach would you risk losing TD now or wait till the regular season?

#2 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

Either he can play on his knee or he can't.

#3 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

Play him now. He needs to get back in game shape and game speed. If he's going to get hurt, he's going to get hurt. He needs to knock the rust off. Can't do that against Tampa.

#4 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

I would rest him til about week 10. Let him heal some more, then ease him in. By the time the playoffs start he will be good to go. He can play all out without risking re-injury in a meaningless game.

#5 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Might as well

We know that his knee is poo so lets see if it will hold up, and if it don't we cut our losses

#6 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

If he's been cleared, you play him.

I wouldn't say that for some of our other "stars". TD's case is unique. He is not being counted on as an inked in starter, there's obvious questions about whether or not he can stay on the field, so we might as well get him started now and hope for the best.

#7 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

hell yeah. would be encouraging if TD can play the half and be productive.

#8 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts

Know matter how hard you try, you can't protect players guys. This is football, and the only way to get ready for football, is by playing football.

I found it odd that they put him on special teams though, but then I had to remind myself of the above.

#9 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

I dont have a good feeling about TD making a comeback - I dont think it matters if we play him this weekend or wait till a year from now.

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,730 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

makes sense. play him early, see what he's got... it'd be better to find out he's not gonna make it now than to find out in three weeks and have to scramble to replace him.

#11 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

The point that he is a unique case is what I was focussing on. We have worked so hard with TD to give him the best chance. I'm just not so sure I would put him on that field with guys "trying to make the team". All it takes is one of these over zealous undrafted rookies to go at his knee and that's all she wrote.

#12 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

The way Phillips and Senn is playing, I feel really good about our LB depth.

#13 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

The point that he is a unique case is what I was focussing on. We have worked so hard with TD to give him the best chance. I'm just not so sure I would put him on that field with guys "trying to make the team". All it takes is one of these over zealous undrafted rookies to go at his knee and that's all she wrote.

No one knows that better than Rivera and Thomas. If he's ready to jump in the deep end, we have to let him. It's not comparable to Smitty's or Beason's situation where it's a matter of protecting a known starter.

All of us are hoping beyond hope that TD can play this year and play effectively, but it is very possible he can't. All parties concerned need to know sooner rather than later if he's a go.

#14 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

I agree with the masses here. He's going to be rusty and needs to get back into football shape. If he can't hold up for 3 quarters, the front office has a decision to make.

#15 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

Regardless of your philosiphical views, the man is sadly headed in a bad direction.

Getting re-injured or getting re-injured.

I don't think anyone is realistically expecting him to stay healthy for more than a game or two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com