Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TD is back, but should we let him play in the preseason?

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

According to RR, TD will play Sunday vs the jets. If you were the coach would you risk losing TD now or wait till the regular season?

Posted · Report post

Either he can play on his knee or he can't.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Play him now. He needs to get back in game shape and game speed. If he's going to get hurt, he's going to get hurt. He needs to knock the rust off. Can't do that against Tampa.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would rest him til about week 10. Let him heal some more, then ease him in. By the time the playoffs start he will be good to go. He can play all out without risking re-injury in a meaningless game.

Posted · Report post

Might as well

We know that his knee is poo so lets see if it will hold up, and if it don't we cut our losses

Posted · Report post

If he's been cleared, you play him.

I wouldn't say that for some of our other "stars". TD's case is unique. He is not being counted on as an inked in starter, there's obvious questions about whether or not he can stay on the field, so we might as well get him started now and hope for the best.

Posted · Report post

hell yeah. would be encouraging if TD can play the half and be productive.

Posted · Report post

Know matter how hard you try, you can't protect players guys. This is football, and the only way to get ready for football, is by playing football.

I found it odd that they put him on special teams though, but then I had to remind myself of the above.

Posted · Report post

I dont have a good feeling about TD making a comeback - I dont think it matters if we play him this weekend or wait till a year from now.

Posted · Report post

makes sense. play him early, see what he's got... it'd be better to find out he's not gonna make it now than to find out in three weeks and have to scramble to replace him.

Posted · Report post

The point that he is a unique case is what I was focussing on. We have worked so hard with TD to give him the best chance. I'm just not so sure I would put him on that field with guys "trying to make the team". All it takes is one of these over zealous undrafted rookies to go at his knee and that's all she wrote.

Posted · Report post

The way Phillips and Senn is playing, I feel really good about our LB depth.