Photo
- - - - -

TD is back, but should we let him play in the preseason?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Regardless of your philosiphical views, the man is sadly headed in a bad direction.

Getting re-injured or getting re-injured.

I don't think anyone is realistically expecting him to stay healthy for more than a game or two.

I believe that is the point I made a few posts ago.

#17 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

like CRA said. Either he can play on his knee, or he cannot.

#18 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

By all accounts, since he hit the field he has been running around like a kid trying to make the team. Missed a sack, then got in on the tackle. On the same play. So you folks don't mind if I take the HE'S BACK approach. He is our most athletic, and fastest LB. If he is back, let the mfer play.

Until he is actually done. I am taking the approach that he is a member of this team. And that only helps us.

#19 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

like CRA said. Either he can play on his knee, or he cannot.

And if he can't, we may as well find out now. I don't understand all this "meaningless game" crap. If nothing else, we need to winnow out the wheat from the chaff...and, unfortunately, TD is tops on the list (imo) to see if all parties involved are just fooling ourselves regarding his injury and the ability to play football. If he is physically ready to play, let's see what he has.

#20 DickolausJ

DickolausJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

Honestly I believe he has to play to prove he is worth keeping on the 53 man roster. He is cleared to play just before cuts start happening. This is no coincidence.

#21 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,542 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

every time I see him I cut a route I will get chills...flashbacks of him clenching his leg. I don't have a good feeling about this either but if he does come back it will be amazing.

#22 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

Honestly I believe he has to play to prove he is worth keeping on the 53 man roster. He is cleared to play just before cuts start happening. This is no coincidence.

Hey, I smell something? What you trying to say?

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Play him now. Who cares. Test his knee out.
If something happens now, it's going to happen later anyway. If its not, it's not.

If he's healed, he'll heal. What's the point of having him for one game of the regular season if his knee is ready to go out Sun. Not saying it will, but get the point.

#24 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

It's like getting strapped into a roller coaster. Once the harness goes down, there is no turning back and whatever is going to happen is going to happen.
I hate to be flippant, but que sera, sera.

#25 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

Good luck to him. I wish him nothing but the best.

#26 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Good luck to him. I wish him nothing but the best.

Me too Ivan.

Fear and regret. One is of the future, one is of the past.
Neither should effect Davis.
Don't live your past twice in regret and don't live your future twice in fear, it is a waste of energy.
Make a decision and bull ahead.
TD's future will be TD's future and there is nothing he or we can do about it.

I, for one, will be pulling for him like he was a family member.

#27 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,813 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

He needs some play time. So yes, ya get him on the field this sunday, and dont play him next week.

#28 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

I say we play him the first quarter, then he comes in on situational downs (sparingly, of course) as long as the starting D is out there. Ease him in. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. If he gets hurt in the preseason, it really isn't a loss since we know Kuechly and Anderson can ball for days.

#29 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

Like others have said, if he's going to get hurt he's going to get hurt. Can't keep him on the bench forever. I think he's in a much better position now than he was going into Green Bay with rehab, OTAs, training camp and more time. His legs look thicker than the toothpicks we saw from the pictures at that Panthers kickball game. All and all, I just feel good about TD and want to believe that he'll play, if not start, all 16 for us. Call me niave or a homer, but you've got to have faith in the players.

#30 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

Like others have said, if he's going to get hurt he's going to get hurt. Can't keep him on the bench forever. I think he's in a much better position now than he was going into Green Bay with rehab, OTAs, training camp and more time. His legs look thicker than the toothpicks we saw from the pictures at that Panthers kickball game. All and all, I just feel good about TD and want to believe that he'll play, if not start, all 16 for us. Call me niave or a homer, but you've got to have faith in the players.

TD's always had some skinny ass legs. That's one of the things I didn't like about the DT from Penn State (his name escapes me) in this year's draft. Skinny legs just seem like an injury waiting to happen.

It would be sweet though if TD could somehow beat the odds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com