#16 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,990 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

Thus some of you should see how calling oneself a christian doesn't mean one is. But like that will make a dif for you. Haters gonna hate. Losers gonna procreate.

#17 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

perhaps the "real" ones should take charge of that camp for a while, the pretend ones are quite lame

#18 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,814 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Stop acting like animals

according to youse guys, we are all animals

#19 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,814 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

also, poor poor American Christians... said no starving African ever

yeah, they tend to protest in the streets over how American atheists are treated.

#20 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,187 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

how many different denominations of christianity are there? please, tell me more about the "real" christianity

#21 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,547 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

how many different denominations of christianity are there? please, tell me more about the "real" christianity

IMO it'd be whatever sect(s) are solely focused on living out the teachings of jesus

which is like .00001% sadly

#22 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

is this the part where we feel bad for the majority?

#23 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

No one is being persecuted. It's just another example of the "ruling class" getting butthurt because their control over the world is slipping away. No one likes giving up power...just look at these whiny conservatives. Christians need to concentrate less on condemning and more on living like their actual Savior....

But if you think Christians are the sole proprietors of thinking they know everything and pushing their views on others then you've never read the Tinderbox.

#24 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

^ this. the viability of christianity as a philosophy and religion is not dependent on political and social power. just like everyone else... you'll get over it.

#25 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,072 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

No one is being persecuted. It's just another example of the "ruling class" getting butthurt because their control over the world is slipping away. No one likes giving up power...just look at these whiny conservatives. Christians need to concentrate less on condemning and more on living like their actual Savior....

But if you think Christians are the sole proprietors of thinking they know everything and pushing their views on others then you've never read the Tinderbox.

Panthro,

The Tinderbox is the safe zone for "Heated Debate" right or wrong I enjoy the convos there..and different viewpoints.

#26 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

I never said it wasn't. Most times you don't even have to be that civil.

As an aside...I agree a lot with atheists and Christians could actually learn a lot from them and other religions.

You also wont see me telling an atheist they are wrong, a Jew they are wrong, a Muslim they are wrong, or a Christian they are wrong until those beliefs begin to infringe upon the rights of others.

#27 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

'bout damned time.

Its kind of like one of those make-up penalties you see from time to time. You know, when there is a phantom PI call and a few minutes later a ticky-tack unsportsmanlike conduct? Its like that only on a national level.

Christians have enjoyed an unassailable position in this country for so long that now that we have to play by the same rules as everyone else we feel like we are being persecuted.

I say we simply because I consider myself a Christian, not because I feel persecuted.

#28 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,072 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Let the Microchip implants begin!

#29 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,187 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

IMO it'd be whatever sect(s) are solely focused on living out the teachings of jesus

which is like .00001% sadly

but considering the fact that there is a 2,000 year old barrier between now and jesus-time, with the religious text being altered overtly and through translation, doesn't that just open the door to a bunch of no true scotsman bullshit?

#30 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,187 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Christians have enjoyed an unassailable position in this country for so long that now that we have to play by the same rules as everyone else we feel like we are being persecuted.

but...my privilege :( :( :( :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com