#1 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

Anybody else interested in seeing what this kid can show us on Sunday with Smith sitting out? I know a lot of people on here think he's pure garbage, but I don't think he has problems that are impossible to fix or that he has zero potential. He's the biggest wide receiver we have on the roster, and I would really like to see if we can make him work out for us. I really wish he had brought down that TD catch against Houston. I think that would have changed some minds around here about his potential. What do you guys think? Am I alone on this?

#2 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,013 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

I didn't see much last season nor have I seen much during this preseason.

#3 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,950 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

He looked great in camp but he's dropped some easy ones in preseason.

#4 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

He has made mistake after mistake, I hope he don't see the field with the first team.

#5 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

NaaNee 2.0

#6 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,932 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

I want Lamont Bryant. fug tutu.

#7 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

He has missed every chance given.

#8 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

That pass he dropped in Houston is the kind of play that I think we need help on though. I know Lafell has shown that he can go out to the corner in the redzone, but I feel that that element of our redzone offense is still lacking. If Lafell can improve in that role, then I guess we can just forget all of this, but I would really like to see us work on that aspect. More touchdowns isn't a bad thing. I think Tutu could be a redzone threat if he improves (yeah, I know), especially with Cam throwing the ball. If he gets cut though, it wouldn't think of it as an unreasonable move either.

#9 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

I wish lineup for Sunday was

1. LaFell
2. Gettis
3. Murphy
4. Tutu
5. Adams

#10 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

No I don't want to see more of Tutu. I have much less patience for a veteran player trying to make a team. Like Murphy, he came in immediately and made an impact. Tutu is going on his 2nd year as a Panther and I've given up on waiting for him to make an impact. I want to see more of Lamont Bryant at 6'5" 225 lbs, Jared Green at 6'1" 180 lbs and Kealoha Pilares. I'd also like a look at our other WR's like: Wallace, Bersin and Avila, although I think that Avila is more of a returner, but I'd like to see what he can do in both situations. I think it would be wise if we could get a look at these guys before the 1st cut on the 27th, the day after our game.

#11 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

The staff is slow to give up on him for the reasons pointed out by the OP. He is a nice, big, red zone target.

We all know Smitty is great, but he doesn't help us much down close. LaFell has shown a flash here and there (talking about the RZ here, not elsewhere on the field), and the same can be said for Olsen. None of these guys have proven to be reliable targets yet down close.

We have a great running game in the red zone, and that has kept this issue from coming to the forefront, but I'm sure Chud would salivate at having that one big reliable target to go to when the run defense stiffens.

#12 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

Anybody else interested in seeing what this kid can show us on Sunday with Smith sitting out? I know a lot of people on here think he's pure garbage, but I don't think he has problems that are impossible to fix or that he has zero potential. He's the biggest wide receiver we have on the roster, and I would really like to see if we can make him work out for us. I really wish he had brought down that TD catch against Houston. I think that would have changed some minds around here about his potential. What do you guys think? Am I alone on this?

His separation this year is not bad but he has dropped a couple of passes.I think this next game will be telling with Smith recovering.This week will be telling for all our wrs

#13 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Tutu is not the answer as our #3 WR. He's gonna get his ass cut.

#14 Jai.

Jai.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

Tutu has endless amounts of potential!

Think of him as a young T.O. without all the opportunities.

Not sure if his potential will pan out, but im perfectly fine seeing him with a lil more playing time in the games that don't count!

#15 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

way more interested in murphy running opposite of lafell and seeing what he can do, as well as pilares in the slot against the 1's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com