Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:15 AM
I think we should be able to learn a lot about our team against the Jets tonight.
1. D-Line Situation: If our DE opposite of CJ can't get a sack tonight against Austin Howard then we should really accept that fact Hardy is not the answer on that side. Jets have the worst RT rotation in the league and if Hardys big ass can't take serious advantage of that then we are in trouble. Also interested how our interior line deals with the combination of Mangold/Sloth/Moore, decent combo inside with arguable the best Center in the league (Kalil would be my argument). I def haven't been surprised how our DT have been playin, would still like to see more penetration from them.
2. WR core/depth: With Smitty out tonight it will give everyone a little more time on the field, which I like. Very interested to see how our WR's go against the tandem of Revis/Cromartie (Wilson isn't bad either), Top 3 CB tandem in the NFL right now. Who will respond? We will def see tonight.
3. Secondary: Pretty much only CB#1 n SS our a lock for us right now, still interested to see who will take the remaining spots of our secondary. The Jets passing attack is nothing to brag about, so I'm looking forward to see which one of these guys steps up makes a play and locks in these positions for Week 1. (This is def our weakest spot on the whole team)
4. O-line: Some people may be sold on our O-line but I'm not. Still want to see more out of Bell and Amini. We can all talk ish about the Jets all we want but when it comes down to it they have a very good D and they get after the QB. Def want to see how they can react to all the differant fronts they are probably going to see
5. LB's: *Not worried about it just excited to see our depth out there with Beason out.
6. Special Teams: Gotta get better defending returns still. Punters/kickers have been doing a good job but hopefully one of these guys pulls away. LETS GO MEDLOCK!
7. TE's: Olsen should be able to do work on this weak Safety secondary, but I'm not watchin for Olsen to do that. We need Barny and others to step up and fill this hole at TE#2. For being a huge part of Chuds system this team right now does not have a solid one. I think Barny pulls through and shows us something tonight.
and last NO INJURIES!!!! (knock on wood)