Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 College Football Season Thread

297 posts in this topic

Posted

It will be interesting to see how much the polls punish Michigan for that showing against Bama.

Posted

Michigan should fall to 18 or 19. But of course they shouldn't have

Been in the top 10 to begin with.

Posted

Better question is does Bama leapfrog SC to become #1

Posted

Doubtful USC crushed Hawaii (as they should) and probably had a 2012 top play nominee on their first play with Lee's rediculous juke and TD run.

USCw/Bama/LSU/Oregon appear to be the best teams by a wide margin. 2 of those teams will be in the title game..

and I'd bet Bama wins another one seeing as they are just as good on defense and their QB appears to be much better.

Posted

AP Top 25

1. Alabama

2. USC

3. LSU

4. Oregon

5. Oklahoma

6. Florida State

7. Georgia

8. Arkansas

9. South Carolina

9. West Virginia

11. Michigan State

12. Clemson

13. Wisconsin

14. Ohio State

15. Virginia Tech

16. Nebraska

17. Texas

18. Oklahoma State

19. Michigan

20. TCU

21. Kansas State

22. Notre Dame

23. Louisville

24. Florida

25. Stanford

Posted

CSN Bay Area's Ray Ratto has an interesting ballot

Posted

So I guess Bama did jump USC. I do think they have the top 4 right though just didnt think they'd drop USC after such a convincing win

Posted

I think the AP poll overrates 'Bama's win and that will show later in the season. I honestly think there is a solid chance Michigan falls out of the top 25. They may lose to Air Force.

Posted

Agreed. Robinson is completely overated and reminds me of AE. Looks good against slow second tier atheletes but doesnt have the accuracy or arm strength when a quality d forces him to throw. He'll be moved to reciever in the pro's.

Ive heard it stated that USC couldnt handle an SEC schedule because of depth. Sure if they drew TAMU's schedule they'd drop a few.. but if they got UGA's schedule they'd likely be unbeaten going into SECCG.

Posted

Agreed. Robinson is completely overated and reminds me of AE. Looks good against slow second tier atheletes but doesnt have the accuracy or arm strength when a quality d forces him to throw. He'll be moved to reciever in the pro's.

Ive heard it stated that USC couldnt handle an SEC schedule because of depth. Sure if they drew TAMU's schedule they'd drop a few.. but if they got UGA's schedule they'd likely be unbeaten going into SECCG.

Yea. Georgia schedule really pisses me off, but USC's schedule is a joke too.

Posted

Utah State!! Hell yea!

Posted

UVA just scored to tie the game at 16. With an XP the Cavs will go up 1. You can blame the Penn State's kicking for the loss.