296 replies to this topic

#196 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

SEC Bias for a reason though. They continue to win championships. Is it really bias if it's true?

Florida had to go into A&M and Tennessee on back to back weeks, two of the loudest stadiums in the SEC.

They will also have to play USC, UGA, and FSU. Their schedule is better than that of WVU, which I'm assuming you are arguing for. But that's not the point, they have a great resume up to this point and have played well, not sure how you can argue them not being over WVU.

#197 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

They beat a LSU team that was over rated and was declining in the polls do to poor play. Sure it was a good victory but not one to put them that high. Really doesnt matter as the AP doesnt count in the BCS. Just dont like the perception it gives to the SEC. Noise in the Stadiums isnt a factor in the Poll VOLS arent that good. Aggies I will give you that one, WVU had to go into Texas and play to the loudest crowd thats been their the past 15 years.

I have always hated polls just because it is all perception and not on who is actually good or not.

Im enjoying this season it is like a bowl game every week for WVU. Heisman leading canidate and a team that once the young secondary starts to jel will make a run at the national championship. WVU is sitting pretty and as long as they either go undefeated or lose one game they can still make the championship. Dont see a repeat of last year and having 2 sec teams in the chamionship game. Might not even have 1 if both WVU and Oregon go undefeated and no one in the SEC does.

#198 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

You're crazy if you think WVU's body of work is better than UF's. I don't think too many people are upset that UF is ahead of WVU, it's because they have a better resume. I am not saying noise has anything to do with polls, but it has everything to do with impressive wins. And doing it back to back weeks makes it even more impressive. WVU just played their first road game all season and really that was their first win that meant anything.

I am not saying UF is a better team than WVU, I think it's a toss up. UF's defense is scary good while WVU offense is scary good. But you guys are sitting pretty because of the ease of schedule. That's why SEC 1-loss teams get the benefit of the doubt.

I just think it's funny you are mad at the AP Poll because WVU is not ahead of UF. You don't see me complaining about the Coach's Poll. For one, I don't care about polls this time of the year. It's not something to worry or stress out about because it's a long season.

And FWIW, many people consider the AP more credible that the Coach's Poll.

#199 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,119 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

http://m.usatoday.co...9?articlePage=1

33. North Carolina State (4-2, 1-1) – UP 25
36. Duke (5-1, 2-0) – UP 20
47. North Carolina (4-2, 1-1)

#200 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,535 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Big games this week.

(15) Texas vs. (13) Oklahoma: The Red River Rivalry. Texas doesn't have a good defense, but Oklahoma doesn't have a great offense. I see this game being pretty close, but Texas ultimately prevails when ole Landry fugs something up late.

(17) Stanford at (7) Notre Dame: I'm honestly surprised the absurd media didn't put Notre Dame at #1 following their drubbing of Miami. I expect Notre Dame to come out victorious in a close game.

(3) South Carolina at (9) LSU: Game of the Week. This one should be close for a quarter. South Carolina has a great defense and LSU has a bad offense. South Carolina should end up winning by 14+.

#201 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

http://m.usatoday.co...9?articlePage=1

33. North Carolina State (4-2, 1-1) – UP 25
36. Duke (5-1, 2-0) – UP 20
47. North Carolina (4-2, 1-1)

Wicked to see Duke on a roll like this. Very good for the ACC.

#202 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

Wicked to see Duke on a roll like this. Very good for the ACC.

No its not it just shows how weak the acc is.

#203 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

Big games this week.

(15) Texas vs. (13) Oklahoma: The Red River Rivalry. Texas doesn't have a good defense, but Oklahoma doesn't have a great offense. I see this game being pretty close, but Texas ultimately prevails when ole Landry fugs something up late.

(17) Stanford at (7) Notre Dame: I'm honestly surprised the absurd media didn't put Notre Dame at #1 following their drubbing of Miami. I expect Notre Dame to come out victorious in a close game.

(3) South Carolina at (9) LSU: Game of the Week. This one should be close for a quarter. South Carolina has a great defense and LSU has a bad offense. South Carolina should end up winning by 14+.

Ill take ou winning big
Stanford squeezing my nd
Lsu beating Usc.

#204 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,535 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Ill take ou winning big
Stanford squeezing my nd
Lsu beating Usc.

Haha, I could see all of those happening. Maybe not LSU. I dunno.

#205 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Haha, I could see all of those happening. Maybe not LSU. I dunno.

Just have afeeling there is going to be a lot of upsets today. I'm even Texas tech might takeout Wvu.

#206 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,535 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Just have afeeling there is going to be a lot of upsets today. I'm even Texas tech might takeout Wvu.

I predict WVU wins by 2 tds.

#207 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Well OU showed up today.

#208 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Poor hokies. Lol.

#209 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

Holy crap 20 points in the first quarter.

#210 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,119 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

quietly cheers for Duke football......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com