Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nosuchthingasapanther

stewart and tolbert injury update

74 posts in this topic

Jonathan Stewart was carted off the field with a right ankle injury in the second quarter of Sunday night's preseason matchup with the Jets.

Stewart was hit low by Jets SS LaRon Landry. The injury didn't appear significant at first glance, but we were obligated to post because Stewart was carted off the field. Though considered "injury prone" in some circles, Stewart has played in 62-of-64 possible games in his career. We suspect he'll be okay.

rotoworld...

Hopefully JStew suffered only a sprained ankle. The fact that he walked on hit for a bit is a good sign.

Looks like Stew needs some rest before regular season starts.

wait, i missed this (turned it off with about 3 minutes left in 2nd q and ran an errand, just got back home). how bad did it look?

a fuging cart man...

wait, i missed this (turned it off with about 3 minutes left in 2nd q and ran an errand, just got back home). how bad did it look?

a fuging cart man...

hard to tell...he was on the ground for a moment, hopped up on his feet, walked/limped on it...next thing you know, he's being carted off.

it's hard to tell the seriousness of a stewart injury since he handles pain so well.

i hope it's just them being extra cautious...but the fact that there's been no word yet is a big concern.

could be something...could be nothing...

After trainers looked at Stewart's right leg, the running back was carted to the locker room - but was smiling at his teammates as he headed into the tunnel.

the rest...

Typical huddle overreaction by the Pantherz. Get the cart, immobilize him, and let's take every conceivable precaution. The dude is a Sherman Tank with agility. Let him get off on his own.

No one wants this. But no news is good news. I guess

Sounds like being carted off was almost embarassing for Stew.

I didn't like what I saw..............I'll be surprised if he's playing opening day.

The replay looked like a rolled ankle, not the high-ankle variety. With two weeks to rest, hopefully he'll be set for the opener. If not, give me D-Will and Tolbert and lets go.