Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nosuchthingasapanther

stewart and tolbert injury update

74 posts in this topic

could be something...could be nothing...

After trainers looked at Stewart's right leg, the running back was carted to the locker room - but was smiling at his teammates as he headed into the tunnel.

the rest...

Typical huddle overreaction by the Pantherz. Get the cart, immobilize him, and let's take every conceivable precaution. The dude is a Sherman Tank with agility. Let him get off on his own.

No one wants this. But no news is good news. I guess

Sounds like being carted off was almost embarassing for Stew.

I didn't like what I saw..............I'll be surprised if he's playing opening day.

The replay looked like a rolled ankle, not the high-ankle variety. With two weeks to rest, hopefully he'll be set for the opener. If not, give me D-Will and Tolbert and lets go.

Ron Rivera says that RB Jonathan Stewart's ankle x-rays came back negative, but he will not play against the #Steelers on Thursday night.

Ron Rivera says that RB Jonathan Stewart's ankle x-rays came back negative, but he will not play against the #Steelers on Thursday night.

— Carolina Panthers (@Panthers)

August 27, 2012
1 person likes this

High ankles take 3-5 weeks usually..but Stew is a beast man...hate to see it happen to one of our unique weapons

I missed the Tolbert injury... Be strong backfield..the Jets had Bounty like play in that first Q!