Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stewart and tolbert injury update

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Ron Rivera says that RB Jonathan Stewart's ankle x-rays came back negative, but he will not play against the #Steelers on Thursday night.

Ron Rivera says that RB Jonathan Stewart's ankle x-rays came back negative, but he will not play against the #Steelers on Thursday night.

— Carolina Panthers (@Panthers)

August 27, 2012
1 person likes this

Posted

https://twitter.com/...925269186625537

Good to hear.

1 person likes this

Posted

High ankles take 3-5 weeks usually..but Stew is a beast man...hate to see it happen to one of our unique weapons

Posted

I missed the Tolbert injury... Be strong backfield..the Jets had Bounty like play in that first Q!

Posted

It was not a high ankle sprain. The high sprain comes from the foot rolling inward towards the opposite leg. Stews foot rolled to the outside which makes it just a common sprain. He should be completely ready for opening week. And no I'm not a doctor but this is common knowledge.

Posted

I like Armond Smith

Posted

I like Armond Smith

The guy did look good last night

Posted

Is there any kind of update on Stew this morning?

Posted

It was not a high ankle sprain. The high sprain comes from the foot rolling inward towards the opposite leg. Stews foot rolled to the outside which makes it just a common sprain. He should be completely ready for opening week. And no I'm not a doctor but this is common knowledge.

That is exactly what happened though. His foot rolled inward toward his opposite leg. What happened to Stew is exactly how high ankle sprains occur.

http://www.aidmyankle.com/high-ankle-sprains.php

Posted

It's definitely a high ankle sprain.