Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuech the Sneak

What does everyone think about the D

84 posts in this topic

Stat wise we should bottom out the middle of the pack. With everyone back however, I'm more reassured that our defense won't be record breaking bad. Just Average, or above.

I relaly don't think we've looked that bad. We've given up some passes on soft zone coverage and Captain has looked bad trying to make up for his height disadvantage by holding and whatnot, but our run defense has looked really good and we haven't blitzed or run any stunts to apply pressure yet. All preseason we've only applied pressure form our front four with one or two blitzes a game. Overall, I'm encouraged.

3 people like this

Anyone else notice how the Jets D is amazing in spite of the fact that they haven't spent 12 first rounds picks on LBs.

How can that be.

1 person likes this

Not good, McDermott needs to go. He was bad in Philly and he's not gunna be good here. I just pray that Rivera makes most of te calls.

Our run D is solid, but Hurney should literally be fired for barely addressing our Secondary needs in the off-season. I men ahow the fug is Capt still our #2. He gets abused almost every play and when he doesn't he commits a penalty for and automatic first or 15+ yards.SMH

Fire Hurney and McDermott been saying this since hmmm long time now

Anyone else notice how the Jets D is amazing in spite of the fact that they haven't spent 12 first rounds picks on LBs.

How can that be.

Rex Ryan. Hate him or love him the guy is a master at D

Thomas Davis looking good whenever he did get in. Sack and TD saving play. If he and Beason stay healthy we will truly have one of the nastiest LB core in the league

Thin line between love and hate...Giants let Sanchez go 9/11(81% completion rate) and 59 yards. thats 5.3 per attempt without Holmes in the lineup. They also got to abuse Wayne Hunter. We let him get 11/23 (61% completion rate) and 6.8 per attempt.

Cam also put us in a terrible position with his fumble and we held them to a field goal when they only had to go 12 yards.

We also had 2 3 and outs. While we did not like look a pro bowl defense by any means, I'm not upset about anything other than Munnerlyns penalties. We tried a new look with Kearse in at DT and it didn't help. Also wish Johnson could have gotten more pressure but whatever. Gonna re-watch later and have a better breakdown but no reason to upset right now imo. I'll definitely find more to nitpick when I go back and watch but at this point I'm not really that concerned.

2 people like this

Defense looks improved form last year. Not drastically but we don't need drastically. We just need adequate. Kuechly and Davis as third down LB look like an awesome combination at this point. Can't really judge the secondary since we played a lot of soft zones it appeared. But run defense looks ok. With both Beason and Keuchly on the field I can see it being really hard to run on us.

They did a rather mediocre job against a team that can't score TDs. Our opponents should smell blood. Probably going to have to score a lot of points this year.

Improved but one that will give up big chunks and make mental errors in the secondary

We need a more consistent push without having to blitz a million times (which seem to be picked up far too easily by offenses far too often)

I really hope we don't keep using Captain against #2s out there. I'm gonna be mad if come the Saints* or Falcons he's against the likes of Henderson & Julio Jones

thought they looked fine... what i expect from the panthers D in a preseason contest. not like we were going to be fielding a top 5 D this year. we will be winning with offense.

1 person likes this

We haven't turned things loose yet. We are still being vanilla to some degree. Lets wait until the regular season to see what happens. How many times do we need to say that this is preseason and doesn't count. No need to show teams what we will do until the season starts.