83 replies to this topic

#76 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet because honestly I didn't sift through every page but let me say one thing about the secondary. Whenever a QB (any professional QB) can drop back with no pressure to speak of and is allowed to step in a throw and allowed to take time to find an open receiver, no cornerback, safety, or linebacker can cover the receivers. The problem with the defense right now is a lack of pass rush, plain and simple. Even mediocre corners and safeties can look good when the defensive line can get pressure or hurry throws. I watched Sanchez drop back and just stand there and make good throws, I also watched Schaub do the same thing in game one. Preseason doesn't matter but pass rush does. Maybe they aren't stunting or taking it easy so maybe it isn't a big deal but I can guarantee that we'll know within the first two or three drives against Tampa how bad it will be.

Edit: Ok this has been mentioned, and quite often. But the point stands.

#77 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,271 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

not that bad considering we didn't really play our starting DTs or show any real blitzing that's actually a legit part of our schemes.

i'm not concerned. we won't be great but we'll be ok, and that's an improvement.

We aren't what we haven't done. We aren't a JJ43 blitzing scheme until they actually are one....

At this point, not sure we are going to be that.

#78 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

We better find another corner from other teams' cuts, at least someone who is servicable. Norman may pan out, but is still a rookie. Even if he starts and does an adequate job, we are still an injury away from Cap being back at #2 corner. This simply cannot be!

#79 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,699 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

I think the coaching staff has spent an exuberant amount of time looking at the defense in the offseason. I have very little doubts that we will be significantly improved.

#80 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,285 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Posted Image

#81 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

lol, worst throw ever ^^

#82 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

We aren't what we haven't done. We aren't a JJ43 blitzing scheme until they actually are one....

At this point, not sure we are going to be that.

So we wont be running a JJ43, because we didn't use a lot of it in a preseason game??? Guess our offense wont be different, than we've shown so far in preseason either???

#83 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,220 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

No, but we are playing a very vanilla D right now with very little stunts. 4 man basic front the majority of the time.

A team as young as we are should be practicing these stunts And blitz packages. "Saving it for the regular season" is good for week 1. After week 1 the D is on film. Holding back and saving stuff for the season is an offensive move. Our D needs to practice what they will be playing.

#84 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

I dont know yet. Beason isnt back and its not the regular season yet. I think our safeties will be better and as the season goes along, they will get better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com