Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

I present this in it's entirety...

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The Golden Calf of Bristol got the fans fired up with a dazzling 20-yard run in the fourth quarter, but threw an interception three plays later and the Carolina Panthers held on for a 17-12 victory over the New York Jets on Sunday night.
The Jets (0-3) still haven't scored a touchdown through three preseason games.The Golden Calf of Bristol faced a third-and-16 from the Jets 34 and ran around in the backfield, eluded a tackle attempt by Ryan Van Bergan and took off and slipped through a few other tackle attempts by the Panthers (2-1) before being taken down for a 20-yard gain by Reggie Smith. The Golden Calf of Bristol pumped both fists and yelled at the crowd chanting "Tee-boww! Tee-boww!" But three plays later, The Golden Calf of Bristol threw an easy interception to Smith.The Golden Calf of Bristol had another chance to get the Jets in the end zone, but threw four straight incompletions to end the game.

This is precisely why I hate The Golden Calf of Bristol.*

The game lasted 60 minutes and had 4 different lead changes. Both teams' starters played for 2.5 quarters. There were over 100 other players on the field: the reigning NFL ROY, a QB who has played in 2 AFCCG's, 3 different 1000 yard rushers, probably 20+ pro bowlers, and yet all ESPN can be bothered to write about is the 15 minutes of the game that the backup qb was on the field.

*All The Golden Calf of Bristol hate is directed not at him as a person, as he seems to be a perfectly nice individual, but at the media that would literally get down on bended knee and blow him just for a sound clip.

#2 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

The game lasted 60 minutes and had 4 different lead changes. Both teams' starters played for 2.5 quarters. There were over 100 other players on the field: the reigning NFL ROY, a QB who has played in 2 AFCCG's, 3 different 1000 yard rushers, probably 20+ pro bowlers, and yet all ESPN can be bothered to write about is the 15 minutes of the game that the backup qb was on the field.

*All The Golden Calf of Bristol hate is directed not at him as a person, as he seems to be a perfectly nice individual, but at the media that would literally get down on bended knee and blow him just for a sound clip.

It's downright embarrasing how the media is bending over backwards for this man as if they are being paid to do so. Wouldn't be surprised.The treatment towards a man who cannot play his position seems way out of the ordinary.

#3 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

I lol'd ESPN and all general sports media is outright terrible.

#4 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,736 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

ESPN is a joke at this point. They are the The Golden Calf of Bristol News Network......irritating people seems to actually not hurt ratings. They play into it spinning people as wanting to know about him.

#5 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

He makes headlines. People talk about him... You know, like this very topic.

#6 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,913 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

ESPN has become a joke. They are not credible in anything they do. They ramp up the hyperbole for games on their network while ignoring important moments in sports on other networks. The fact Skip Bayless has a job is embarrassing to their entire industry.

#7 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

All the sports media, especially the ESPN/NFLN family have gone out of their way to play up The Golden Calf of Bristol despite the obvious.

I seriously want to know who is behind what is going on.

#8 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

lol if only he could throw....

#9 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,428 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

The The Golden Calf of Bristol coverage is a perfect allegory for what is wrong with all media today. They are more interest in what drives ratings and what people want to see or hear rather than what is important or what we should hear.

That is my Will McAvoy moment for the night.

#10 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

I actually love The Golden Calf of Bristol, can't get enough. I would let him come over and fug my sister. If he wasn't into being a virgin and all.

#11 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

Could you imagine the media outlook if The Golden Calf of Bristol wouldve came back and won it?

I probably would have committed suicide.....

#12 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,519 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

Jimmy Clausen should get all this attention. not The Golden Calf of Bristol.

#13 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

This poo just kills me, he isn't a bad guy but I don't like rooting against anyone more than I like rooting against Tim.

I went nuts on that INT. Fuging pussy.

#14 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,164 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

Jets QBs
Posted Image

found this on SA lol

#15 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

I love the over-reaction in this thread especially considering the text quoted is from the AP and not ESPN. Those early AP recaps are written in about 2 minutes. Later after the press conferences, a real story is written. Either way, ESPN has nothing to do with the content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com