44 replies to this topic

#16 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

Tutu is a worse version of Sha-nae-nae. Cut him.

#17 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,924 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

Lafell and Murphy are both no.2 wrs.
Both will average 500-800 yds and 4-6 tds each.

People who believes Lafell will have a spectacular season this year will be upset.

So you don't believe any of them will step up to be take the #1 role if Smith somehow, god forbid of course, goes down on injury?

I thought they did an exceptional job with what they did. Olsen, LaFell, Murphy were good by themselves. Now imagine if the offense wasn't holding back so much. I think we'll be fine. Cam makes everyone look great apart from them being good too.

#18 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,713 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

His route running looked pretty pathetic tonight and he's dropped most everything that hit him.

Agree. At least 2 of Cam's "misses" tonight were due to sloppy route running by Tutu. Add in the throw deep, when Tutu pulled up on the play, realized Cam had thrown it, and tried to get back into the play. It would have been a tough catch anyway as he was doubled, but you have to at least run the route fully.

It was a really poor performance.

#19 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

So you don't believe any of them will step up to be take the #1 role if Smith somehow, god forbid of course, goes down on injury?

I thought they did an exceptional job with what they did. Olsen, LaFell, Murphy were good by themselves. Now imagine if the offense wasn't holding back so much. I think we'll be fine. Cam makes everyone look great apart from them being good too.

I don't think that's what he meant. I could be wrong, but I took it as saying that both are good enough to be number 2 receivers on this team. Hence, equal stats. That LaFell wouldn't have a true breakout year, because Murphy will be pushing him for playing time, in a good way...

That sounds way more confusing than it does in my head... :huh:

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,888 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

he should be on the first team. dude has shown nothing but raw ability. i can only remember seeing him miss one catch.

he seems to be a good YAC guy as well.

#21 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

Murphy did some good things, athletic guy w/nice speed.

#22 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,924 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

The reverse play was nice.

#23 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

here is an example of someone taking advantage of their opportunities, as opposed to that tutu guy.

#24 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

If Smitty ever go down, Lafell is "not" the man who's going to step up. Saying if Smitty ever go down, I'm telling you Olsen will be the main target for Cam. Lafell is not a special talented receiver. The best he will ever be is a no.2 WR. I do not love Lafell as much as a lot of people on this board does.

Smitty didn't play last night and you see who was the best target? Olsen. You dnt want Lafell being the no.1 having to try and win a game against a Revis or Cromartie. Lafell wasn't terrible last night but the dude best catch probably came against Kyle Wilson.

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

I don't think that's what he meant. I could be wrong, but I took it as saying that both are good enough to be number 2 receivers on this team. Hence, equal stats. That LaFell wouldn't have a true breakout year, because Murphy will be pushing him for playing time, in a good way...

That sounds way more confusing than it does in my head... :huh:

Wat I meant is that both are not no.1 WR in the league. Both of them are true no.2 WR. Unless the two of them are playing for a team like Miami or Jags, they probably would be the no.1. And you dnt want that.

I actually like Murphy more than Lafell. I think the man create better separation off coverage than Lafell. Lafell stats will look similar to Muhammad's, but probably less tds, not including the amazing 04' season of Moose.

#26 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Murphy is a definetly a lock among our WR's, great pick up by our staff.

#27 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Rivera needs to get over this. I feel Tutu is Naanee 2.0. Cam kept throwing Tutu the ball b/c he was the only one open, and he kept dropping. I'm hoping Tutu don't make the cut today.

#28 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,160 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

if smitty's out we spread the ball out more. i seriously doubt any one person would get all smitty's numbers and i don't think that's even necessary. the receiving options that cam has are good enough to keep us at least competitive with any team in the league. we're much better off with smitty in there, but we are still ok if he's not.

i think between murphy, lafell, gettis (if he gets in and plays on at least his rookie level), and adams we are good...and yes i said adams b/c i think that guy is going to be huge as a receiver in a couple years.

#29 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Rivera needs to get over this. I feel Tutu is Naanee 2.0. Cam kept throwing Tutu the ball b/c he was the only one open, and he kept dropping. I'm hoping Tutu don't make the cut today.

The only reason Tutu played so much early on is so Rivera could see him with the starters. I think Murphy had already won the #3 receiver role before last night. And after last night there is no question.

#30 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,448 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

The only reason Tutu played so much early on is so Rivera could see him with the starters. I think Murphy had already won the #3 receiver role before last night. And after last night there is no question.

Well I want to see Pilares now. Tutu had his chances

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com