Medlock and Nortman won. Praise god.

#137 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,707 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Sucks Nick Harris got cut. They both had pretty good hang time, but Harris was better at directional punting. I won't fret over that much. I'm just so glad Mare is out. Hallelujah!

#138 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

I'm interested to see if we keep Poole or Armond Smith. I think Poole is the better back but Armond Smith had a good showing last night. But take that with a grain of salt.

Tauren Poole will be our 3rd RB. Armond was impressive last night but the fact that the team released him earlier in camp speaks volumes.

#139 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

I was glad about Mare, Norwood & Vaughn...none were worth either the roster spot (Norwood & Vaughn) or the $ (Mare).

Glad they are looking to build with some youth. Will be intersting to see the 2nd wave.

#140 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Your list seems very reasonable to me. Wish Green would have been given some more opportunities but, we are deep at receiver. Maybe not so much in quality but we have plenty of quantity.

I really like Green & have wanted to see him on the field more.

The conclusion I've come to, deluded or not, is that they really like his potential, but know he's not ready yet. They want to get him on the practice squad, BUT...if he flashs potential, he could get scooped up when cut.

Last night he missed a pass (nothing I would be concerned about), but I thought, this is probably just what the coaches wanted to see happen...keeps teams away & he may be able to get safely on the practice squad. Next game won't matter much, since Jimmy will likely be the QB & he sucks! I really hope they cut Clausen & sign a developmental QB.

#141 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,707 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

I really think we try to add another WR and DT that has been cut from another team.

#142 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Technically, we got Campbell for Goodson, who is looking like a good trade for us so far. So, 2009 isn't a complete bust for us.

#143 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see Poole play, as I only got to see the stream for the 2nd game, and that was hardly recognizable for individual players due to quality. I did, however, get to see the kid last night, and he played lights out. Smith kept his feet churning, and made plays even when he was tagged in the backfield. I'd like to see him stick around a while longer yet, even if it means on the PS. Doubt he'd stick though, since he had a good showing.

#144 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,230 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Also wanted to ask anyone that has been to a game so far... Is it that Medlock's kickoffs are just "short" or are they short because they have more hangtime? If it's because he's kicking it higher than he should be the guy regardless because it simply means our coverage sucks either way.

maybe they were short to evaluate the coverage team?

#145 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,918 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

I really like Green & have wanted to see him on the field more.

The conclusion I've come to, deluded or not, is that they really like his potential, but know he's not ready yet. They want to get him on the practice squad, BUT...if he flashs potential, he could get scooped up when cut.

Last night he missed a pass (nothing I would be concerned about), but I thought, this is probably just what the coaches wanted to see happen...keeps teams away & he may be able to get safely on the practice squad. Next game won't matter much, since Jimmy will likely be the QB & he sucks! I really hope they cut Clausen & sign a developmental QB.

I think you are on to something. You are not the first person I have heard say they would like him on the practice squad. I will keep a close eye on him as the cutting continues.

As far as Pickles playing this next game, I am having a hard time deciding between watching that game or attending an adult cotillion class the local community college is offering. It's going to be a hard decision.

#146 RevJ

RevJ

Huddle Chaplain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationTriad

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

South Carolina players just simply do not translate well in the NFL.

I'm no SC fan but . . . these dozen made it at least 5 years

Abraham, John
Brown, Sheldon
Cousin, Terry
Goodman, Andre'
Joseph, Johnathan
Rice, Sidney
Robinson, Dunta
Rogers, George
Sharpe, Sterling
Smith, Shaun
Wharton, Travelle
Williamson, Troy

Jared Cook, Stephon Gilmore, Melvin Ingram, Alshon Jeffery, and Wesley Saunders are also looking good too. Just sayin' . . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com