Photo
- - - - -

Could the Bills depth at DT work to our advantage?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Look like the Patriots!?!?! I must havw missed the offensive Juggernaut, that was the Jets.

I'm not talking about the fact that they didn't score. I'm talking specifically about the fact that the first two offensive plays on the field we gave up 20+ yard passes because Sanchez had a clean pocket and hours to throw.

The fact that they didn't score is just because the offense sucks, but we made their 1st team offensive line look elite (ie Patriots), and their offensive line SUCKS and had been rearranged prior to the game.

Look at the Texans game as well, same thing happened and had A.Johnson been playing it would've been much worse.

#17 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

They have 3 pro bowlers on their OL.... they don't suck.

#18 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,295 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

Jets= only team w 3 Pro Bowlers on the Oline. That's their strength on offense. QB, RB, WR are all weaknesses

#19 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

Sanchez had a clean pocket to step into all night. We made an offensive line that had been marked with problems for the past week look like the Patriots. We need to do something because I just can't deal with another season of this.

The Jets are the only team in the NFL with 3 pro bowl offensive lineman. The only problem they had was at the right tackle spot. Wayne Hunter is terrible. He gave up 2 sacks last night against our 2nd or 3rd team D.

#20 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Deal with what we have for the year and trade everything needed to grab Star

#21 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'm not talking about the fact that they didn't score. I'm talking specifically about the fact that the first two offensive plays on the field we gave up 20+ yard passes because Sanchez had a clean pocket and hours to throw.

The fact that they didn't score is just because the offense sucks, but we made their 1st team offensive line look elite (ie Patriots), and their offensive line SUCKS and had been rearranged prior to the game.

Look at the Texans game as well, same thing happened and had A.Johnson been playing it would've been much worse.

As the others have mentioned they have a very very solid OL, maybe the best. The only player that struggled was Hunter who they replaced and traded off.

#22 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

People understand the Jets have 3 probowlers on their offensive line right? The DL must improve, but I'd say this was a big test and they didn't quite get a full game to figure things out. Who knows, maybe Charles Johnson could've worn down that journeyman LT eventually.

Preseason is awful because we can't see how the team plays in the 4th quarter. The defense as a whole, and sometimes the offense just ran out of gas late last year. I think we have a bit more depth up front now at LB and the line.

I think we could add some decent depth after cuts next week.

#23 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

I highly doubt that if a decent DT hits waivers, they'd make it past the Bucs. IF the Panthers are interested in a DT (doubt it) they would most likely need to make a trade.

If a veteran is let go they are "cut" not waived. There is a chance.

#24 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

Since its been a few hours now I would like to remind everyone that the Jets have 3 Pro Bowlers on there Oline. Its there bright spot on offense.

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

Yea DE really suck.
The answer to that, move Keiser or Applewhite infront of Hardee's.

#26 bababoey

bababoey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationcorner of drunk and stupid

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Since its been a few hours now I would like to remind everyone that the Jets have 3 Pro Bowlers on there Oline. Its there bright spot on offense.

I am not sure if anyone could tell me how many pro bowlers do the Jets have on their Oline. I keep looking for that information and cant seem to find it.

#27 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

I am not saying I called this one...... But, I am here to give myself props. (high fives self)

#28 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

I am not saying I called this one...... But, I am here to give myself props. (high fives self)

Right on. TCF gonna be pissed that he didn't think of this first.

#29 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

You nailed it.

That NJPanthers guy would have sold his mother to make a prediction as good as yours. Congrats.

#30 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hopefully Zods prediction is as accurate as this thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.