Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Norman Vs. Munnerlyn

57 posts in this topic

Posted

I could see Captain starting, but he will be replaced soon.

The staff has to be excited about Norman's play making potential...and with our defense, we're going to need the turnovers he can hopefully create.

Posted

I don't care how unprepared Norman is right now, Munnerlyn can't cover a #2 receiver without getting a pass interference, holding, or illegal contact penalty. Captain has no business playing that role. If he wants to stay in the NFL, he'd better embrace the nickelback position and learn to love it because that is his only chance of staying employed on any team in this league. The man is not tall. He is short. He is height-disadvantaged. You can be a short running back, you can be a short wide receiver, but you can't be that short of a player and expect to be a #2 cornerback in the NFL. I think it's just silly and embarrassing that we've dragged this "experiment" on for this long. Rivera end the misery already, for everyone's sake.

Posted

After last night...

Yeah...

Posted

I was just trying to get a balanced discussion on it because I have been driving the Norman Wagon even before we picked him. But, I think Munny is a valuable player in the right positions, namely nickel. Even with the penalties last night, it's fair to say that was his best performance in a long time.

But, Norman seems so much more efficient and effective.

Posted

Just do it based on personnel. Not all teams have super tall #2 corners. If we are playing one that's 6 foot or under, let captain have him. Otherwise go with Norman.

Posted

I'd go Norman, Butler, and Thomas before Captain but our coaching staff seems to really like Munn.

I think he will start depending on who we're playing honestly. No way in hell do I want him lined up against Julio Jones again

Posted

Captian was horrible last nigh. Other than that tipped ball that he intercepted he was getting abused badly.

Posted

Captian was horrible last nigh. Other than that tipped ball that he intercepted he was getting abused badly.

I know...I don't understand why they are so adamant on playing the guy. This is the one thing that baffles me. I'm totally fine with how our staff has been running things and yeah none of us are NFL coaches but this is the one glaring wtf at their decision making.

I honestly don't even want him at Nickel. Maybe in our dime packages toward the end of games when the other teams are trying to catch up but that's about it

Posted

I don't know what's wrong with you people. Captain should not be the #2. Gave up a big pass. Penalties. Ugh. Norman looks good.

Posted

Munnerlyn got targeted and bitched ALL NIGHT. It was literally embarrasing to watch.

Posted

Josh Norman. He'll get better as the season goes on with experience. Munnerlynn has already 3 years of experience and would be best suited as nickel CB.

Posted

Just do it based on personnel. Not all teams have super tall #2 corners. If we are playing one that's 6 foot or under, let captain have him. Otherwise go with Norman.

No, you still go with the taller guy because then its just more of a advantage for us. Why help make the other teams task less difficult?