• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

It's not quite as bad, but I liken the situation Norman/Munnerlyn situation to the Cam/Clausen situation last year.

We all know who will be the better player. The only thing starting Captain will accomplish is slowing Norman's development.

#32 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

said it last year, and i will say it again this year. Captain is a liability in coverage. even if he plays the nickel teams will still pick on him.

#33 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

I say start Norman and give him a year of starting experience. We know what Munnerlyn will do. Which isn't good enough. I am pretty sure Butler will be cut and Thomas and Stanford will make the team over him. Or all three of those guys get cut and we bring in other team's cuts. We need to find something out there.

#34 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

last night captain was toasted to a crisp...i will say norman was much better however he's my choice. sadly captain sucks at coverage but tackles better than the rest of the original secondary... yeah i said it!

#35 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Capt. can be a great nickel. He's physical and is great rushing the passer. As for Norman, I think he can manage for now as our starter. Was hoping Butler could get in the mix, but I think it's apparent Butler just can't seem to take the starting role, in spite of the lack of difficulty of landing it. Our corners must be sorry if no one has beat out Capt. by now!

#36 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Can anyone confirm that Norman has been thrown at this preseason? They tend to be picking on Gamble and Munn.

Yes, he was thrown at a lot last night. He was close to guys & made decent tackles, but I saw nothing that inspired any confidence.

I still would like to see him in there more & ultimately our #2, just b/c his size & speed alone. As a rookie he should improve tho.

#37 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Captain Munnerlyn@captain_41

My body hurts I need a massage lol in (my grandma voice)

Casey Beaman@BeamanDJ
You've gotta be sore considering how often that rookie beat you last night #Panthers RT @captain_41 My body hurts I need a massage

@BeamanDJ lol if u say so

Was that you? Cause I agree with Proudiddy there...I mean yeah he did suck it up but you don't necessarily need to say it to him over twitter. He's still a Panther and that's enough for me to say that he should have the respect of the fanbase. He doesn't need us knocking his confidence.

#38 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,642 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

i think we're going to be in nickel packages most of the time. who starts is only a formality. they'll likely be seeing about the same amount of time. norman will be more effective, tho.

#39 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• HUDDLER
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Norman will most likely get better... Captain, if he hasn't by now, will not by virtue of size alone, which is sad in part due to his heart he gives out there. I like the guy, and admire his spirit, but that doesn't cut it in the end when getting torched by taller receivers. I'm all for starting the rook at #2 and letting him go through growing pains, provided they find something to help him in the safety spot.

I'm also hoping Hogan can come in next year, after the IR, and win the Nickel spot to give us three bigger corners, which is what's presently needed in this league. Move Captain to ST gunner, a la Hankton, and let him shine there. He had some good tackles last night, and if all he had to concentrate on was coverage, I think he'd excel. But as the second corner, he'll eventually play himself out of the league imo.

#40 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

Was that you? Cause I agree with Proudiddy there...I mean yeah he did suck it up but you don't necessarily need to say it to him over twitter. He's still a Panther and that's enough for me to say that he should have the respect of the fanbase. He doesn't need us knocking his confidence.

Yeah, you're right. I regretted it as soon as he responded. I wrote it as I was joking around with a friend. Felt embarrassed when I saw he had read it. Guess I never considered that they really read tweets.

#41 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Sadly, I have more confidence in Norman, Butler, Stanford and Thomas than I do in Captain.

Just don't think he has the size, skill or football smarts to be an effective CB.

And yes, I know he's a smart guy, but he doesn't play smart.

#42 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,019 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

My body hurts I need a massage lol in (my grandma voice)

Casey Beaman@BeamanDJ
You've gotta be sore considering how often that rookie beat you last night #Panthers RT @captain_41 My body hurts I need a massage

@BeamanDJ lol if u say so

Posted Image

dude...

#43 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,293 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Norman over Capt.
Norman is better suited as the no.2 and Capt as the nickle.
Even though Norman is struggling like how a rookie should be, he has great size. I think Norman just need to play more games so he'll be comfortable. Once he adjust to the speed of the game, that swag of his will be there. Games aint like practices.

#44 WolfpackRob

WolfpackRob

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationVegas

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

Statistically Cap was one of the worst DBs in the league last year. He shouldn't EVER take the field. And neither should Fua...

#45 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Capt was a lot better his rookie season then he is now. To say he regressed is to put it nicely. He obviously does not put a lot of time in film study cause he seems to get beat again and again. He would have been a avg CB 10 years ago but now you have to be smart not physical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com