• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

norman as a fifth-round rookie at the same level as our starting veteran?

norman has far more upside, and captain has already reached his ceiling. i don't think there's too much of a question here.

Agreed. I can live with a rookie out there making mistakes. What I can't live with is watching the likes of Mike Williams, Julio Jones, and Devry Henderson continue to catch jump balls over Munnerlyn.

I want Munnerlyn in the slot to take away the smaller speed guys.

#47 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

Capt is just too big of a liability out there as the #2 CB. If we spend two seasons in a row with him as the starter, it has to be viewed as a serious failure by the front office. Coupled with our mediocre pass rush, I can't imagine our defense becoming anything more than below-average until we fix one of these two major holes. While that's an improvement from last season, it seems that we are at least a year or two away from competing at the level we want to.

Norman looks nice for a 5th rounder and should get a shot, but it's a lot to ask him to play at a high level as a rookie. After falling for the hype on here over guys like Hogan and Butler, I'm not going to expect anything until I see him in a real game.

#48 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

This has nothing to do with Sunday night. There's more evidence than just Sunday night to back this up.

Munnerlyn does well in the slot because of his physical nature. I am not sure it has anything to do with the types of receivers he faces. I think it has more to do with where Captain is placed on the field. He can get his hands on them and direct them in a way that benefits him and the defense. With him out on the outside, where he is more isolated, he has trouble covering the receiver when his physical tactics don't work. He just isn't that good of a cover corner. I do think he is a good tackler, good on special teams, and better suited for slot. I also think he does well in the slot because we can use him on blitzes where he seems to do a good job (also takes him out of coverage).

Norman is just the better cover corner. He is around the ball more and with his lankiness he can defend passes a whole lot better. He also has a great attitude when it comes to play CB. He has a swagger that he won't be beat. Even if he does get beat on occasion, I like his confidence.

I think the answer is simple, it has to be Norman.

#49 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

I'd go Norman. Ron Ron talks about getting beat up by the older brother. I'm fine with getting beat up but Munnerlyn is never going to grow up, Norman at least has potential.

#50 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Captain is Ricky Manning Jr without the ball skills.

#51 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,279 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Please let us find a decent CB during waivers. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#52 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'm hoping for this as well. Much like how the niners scored on Carlos Rogers last season.

#53 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Captain is Ricky Manning Jr without the ball skills.

I was going to say Richard Marshall but Manning Jr is a good one as well.

#54 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

This has nothing to do with Sunday night. There's more evidence than just Sunday night to back this up.

Munnerlyn does well in the slot because of his physical nature. I am not sure it has anything to do with the types of receivers he faces. I think it has more to do with where Captain is placed on the field. He can get his hands on them and direct them in a way that benefits him and the defense. With him out on the outside, where he is more isolated, he has trouble covering the receiver when his physical tactics don't work. He just isn't that good of a cover corner. I do think he is a good tackler, good on special teams, and better suited for slot. I also think he does well in the slot because we can use him on blitzes where he seems to do a good job (also takes him out of coverage).

Norman is just the better cover corner. He is around the ball more and with his lankiness he can defend passes a whole lot better. He also has a great attitude when it comes to play CB. He has a swagger that he won't be beat. Even if he does get beat on occasion, I like his confidence.

I think the answer is simple, it has to be Norman.

I agree 100% and could have not said it any better.

#55 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,768 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm hoping for this as well. Much like how the niners scored on Carlos Rogers last season.

Carlos Rogers was a free agent when San Fran signed him.

#56 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Foiled again Batman!

#57 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,481 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Cliff Harris is available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.