• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#46 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Thanks, for some reason I thought under the new cba that there was an alternate IR.

I'm pretty sure there's a new rule for IR where they can come back after 8 or 10 games or something like that. I can't remember exactly, and I'm not gonna look it up now. Maybe later.

#47 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,571 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

i was thinking week 11 or something.

#48 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Gettis on PUP? He's not going to play?

#49 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, he should have stayed away from Greg Hardy huh?

Not sure this is really comparable - one, Hardy was taken as a 6th round flier - it's appropriate to gamble then. We wasted a 4th on Hogan and I'm fairly certain no one was jonesing to use a top 100 pick on an injured CB that was going to miss most of the season. Second, Hardy has been serviceable, but he's not what you'd call a star (hell, I'd barely describe him as solid). If he doesn't show well this year, I would not be surprised if we use a top 3 pick on a more talented pass-rushing end.

I'm pretty sure there's a new rule for IR where they can come back after 8 or 10 games or something like that. I can't remember exactly, and I'm not gonna look it up now. Maybe later.

This was a proposed rule change that was approved by the league, but not passed by the NFLPA for this season:

In May, the NFL’s owners passed a pair of rule changes that require NFLPA approval.

A league source tells PFT that a recent memo from the league office to the 32 teams explained that the NFLPA has yet to approve the changes.

One adjustment would nudge the trade deadline from Week Six to Week Eight. The other would grant each team the ability to put one player who is injured after passing the training-camp physical on temporary injured reserve, with a potential return coming after Week Six. Currently, any player who is injured after the start of training camp must either be carried on the roster or placed on season-ending injured reserve.

http://profootballta...adline-changes/

According to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, a source said “the NFLPA unsuccessfully tried to get concessions from the NFL related to other negotiations in exchange for accepting the new trade and IR rules.”

“There was no agreement on it with the union,” league spokesman Greg Aiello told Marvez. “The old rules apply.”

http://profootballta...-rules-changes/

#50 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,621 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Well this is looking like yet another wasted pick =\

#51 DOMOMAN

DOMOMAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm already looking at Chargers CB corps to see who they will cut aka. who will start for us.. is it too early to call Chris Harris?

#52 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image

Did I come to the right place?

#53 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

another dumb pick

That was clear at the time it was made.

#54 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Well this is looking like yet another wasted pick =\

That was obvious at the time the pick was made.

#55 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

I dont know much about ACL tears, but why players don't totally sit and rehab their knee for a whole year before they return. It seem like 95% of the time they're coming back too quickly

#56 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

He was a fourth rounder not a first or second rounder. Anyone after the first 2 or 3 rounds is somewhat of a question mark. How many of our fourth rounders from other than this draft and Hogan are still on the team ??

None............................

So it isn't as if Hogan was a dumb pick but we usually hit gold. We rarely if ever hit on a 4th rounder. Hopefully with Alexander and Adams this will change.

#57 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

I have a feeling Hurney will get either a decent pass rusher and/or cb somewhere before the season starts - to not do so is hard for me to imagine.

#58 Tarheelbenny

Tarheelbenny

Guru Of Useless Knowledge

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

I love how people just pile on hurney all the time. This is not the NBA, where you draft one or 2 players a year. NFL rosters are HUGE and all teams take chances in the draft and miss. Hurney's main job is managing the cap, which he is fantastic at. Rivera, just like fox before him, is the main guy influencing the players we get. Each coach brings in their own type of players and the gm just tries to find the best fit for what they like to do. I mean how many chargers guys have we looked at now? And how many players did we look at in the draft from virginia tech when fox was here because he had friends there? Every team has huge list of draft busts. The patriots have stockpiled picks for a decade but if you go back and look they've actually done pretty horrible with alot of them. Hogan was a guy who had a potential late 1st to early 2nd grade on him before the injury and he was available in the 4th round. It was worth the gamble. End of story. We've already gone to one superbowl with hurney at the helm and we have since rebuilt into one of the best young rosters in the entire NFL. Some of you you really need get off that mans nuts and give him some credit!

#59 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

I love how people just pile on hurney all the time. This is not the NBA, where you draft one or 2 players a year. NFL rosters are HUGE and all teams take chances in the draft and miss. Hurney's main job is managing the cap, which he is fantastic at. Rivera, just like fox before him, is the main guy influencing the players we get. Each coach brings in their own type of players and the gm just tries to find the best fit for what they like to do. I mean how many chargers guys have we looked at now? And how many players did we look at in the draft from virginia tech when fox was here because he had friends there? Every team has huge list of draft busts. The patriots have stockpiled picks for a decade but if you go back and look they've actually done pretty horrible with alot of them. Hogan was a guy who had a potential late 1st to early 2nd grade on him before the injury and he was available in the 4th round. It was worth the gamble. End of story. We've already gone to one superbowl with hurney at the helm and we have since rebuilt into one of the best young rosters in the entire NFL. Some of you you really need get off that mans nuts and give him some credit!

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know you don't trade a 2nd round pick to draft Armanti in the 3rd round. That was unforgivable IMO

But...he has made other solid picks since then.

#60 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

You're trying too hard to defend Hurney...stop it

Hurney's crappy 2009-2010 drafts are the reason why we're trying to fill so many holes now. Hurney has been more miss than hit lately...whether you want to add blame to John Fox or w/e, Hurney is still to blame. Besides Cam, the 2011 draft is shaping up to be a really bad draft class as well...

Should we keep giving John Fox and Jake Delhomme credit for taking us to the Super Bowl in 2003 too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com