Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettis on the PUP list

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Didn't see this one up, yet. Shocked that it wasn't posted 5sec after it was announced:

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/239169/panthers-send-wr-david-gettis-to-pup-list

Posted

I just feel like we are not at full strength on the offense without this guy. LaFell is decent, but he is not a true number 2.

Posted

I just feel like we are not at full strength on the offense without this guy. LaFell is decent, but he is not a true number 2.

LaFell looked more like a #2 than Gettis as a rookie. Gettis had speed....LaFell did everything but the vertical route better back then.

The legend of Gettis will likely continue to grow....

3 people like this

Posted

LaFell looked more like a #2 than Gettis as a rookie. Gettis had speed....LaFell did everything but the vertical route better back then.

The legend of Gettis will likely continue to grow....

I would agree that LaFell has slightly better hands, but its not that big of a difference. I prefer Gettis' speed over LaFell's hands.

Posted

500 yards and 3 touchdowns 1 year makes you a Future HOFer /huddle logic

2 people like this

Posted

Feel bad for him but honestly we're in good shape to score a ton of points this year whether Gettis is healthy or not.

God speed David

Posted

lafell is the clear #2 receiver at this point, gettis is looking at the #3 slot at best this season

Posted

500 yards and 3 touchdowns 1 year with Jimmy Clausen, Matt Moore, & Brian St. Pierre makes you a potential 3rd receiving option for the Panthers /huddle logic

1 person likes this

Posted

We have nice depth at WR, we'll be OK. Giving Gettis another 7 weeks to recover is smart, hopefully he can contribute the last 10 games.

Posted

I just don't feel that number 2 vibe coming from LaFell. He just doesn't have that spark. I keep waiting for him to have that moment, that one catch that says "Here I am!", but instead his play just says "blah". I see his potential as being a little better than Proehl, and that doesn't cut it for me. (I see LaFell as a #3)

Gettis had that swagger late in his rookie season. He saw an opening, and he made the plays that said "Here I am!" How many signature youtube plays does LaFell have from his rookie season? I can think of at least two from Gettis.

Posted

Now watch Tutu make the squad, as much as I would hate it.

Posted

You know what Murphy has that Gettis doesn't?

Grass stains.......

2 people like this