• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

Me like most people probably weren't expecting David Gettis to be put on the PUP.. so he's done til week 8. also personally i'd LOVE to see Tutu get cut real quick, as well as armanti (i just haven't seen enough).. that leaves us with:

1. Smitty
2. Lafell
3. Murphy
4. Pilares
5. Adams

now thats a good group, but if smitty goes down it turns to a very young and inexperienced group. Therefore why not go after a guy such as Jabar Gaffney who was just cut today, who produced last year: 68 catches, 947 yards with rex grossman throwing to him. why not offer him the vet minimum and see how he produces as the #4 until gettis returns and if he plays good keep him if not we really don't lose anything. and if god forbid anything happens to smitty, lafell murphy and gaffney would still be solid. whatcha'll think?

#2 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

On Pup you have to miss first 6 not 8.

I thought most people were expecting Gettis to be on at least Pup since he hasn't practiced once in over a year.

#3 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

I do think we should be in the market for an experienced vet though as the OP states. We're one Smitty injury away from a whole lot of nothing in the receiving corps...

#4 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

I do think we should be in the market for an experienced vet though as the OP states. We're one Smitty injury away from a whole lot of nothing in the receiving corps...

Thank you at least someone understands my reasoning for this, and gaffney is a good team player..

and yes pup your out the first 6 weeks, but week 7 is our bye week. therefore gettis can't come back til week 8. C'mon man! (Cris Carter voice)

#5 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

I don't trust Pilares or Adams on offense just yet and even though Tutu will make it, I think that a receiver like Gaffney would be a fantastic pickup

#6 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

Week 6? Unfortunately, with Gettis on pup, I think Tutu gets on the squad.

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,774 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

i think they'll keep tutu for the time being. no reason to expect smitty to go down, and lafell/murphy look outstanding.

#8 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,863 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Our W/R suck outside of Smitty. Plenty of 2/3's but no playmaking 1's.

#9 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Our W/R suck outside of Smitty. Plenty of 2/3's but no playmaking 1's.

That's normally how it is with backup WRs...

#10 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,863 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

That's normally how it is with backup WRs...

Don't you understand when Smitty leaves WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE. THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT! THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM THE NFC SOUTH GUTTER. OH MY LAWDD!!

#11 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Me like most people probably weren't expecting David Gettis to be put on the PUP.. so he's done til week 8. also personally i'd LOVE to see Tutu get cut real quick, as well as armanti (i just haven't seen enough).. that leaves us with:

1. Smitty
2. Lafell
3. Murphy
4. Pilares
5. Adams

now thats a good group, but if smitty goes down it turns to a very young and inexperienced group. Therefore why not go after a guy such as Jabar Gaffney who was just cut today, who produced last year: 68 catches, 947 yards with rex grossman throwing to him. why not offer him the vet minimum and see how he produces as the #4 until gettis returns and if he plays good keep him if not we really don't lose anything. and if god forbid anything happens to smitty, lafell murphy and gaffney would still be solid. whatcha'll think?

I don't see how anyone could have expected anything out of Gettis at this point in the pre season. At this point I hope he can come back and contribute but the likelihood of that happening is very slim. I don't see him being able to step in mid season and be better than most of those other guys.

#12 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Don't you understand when Smitty leaves WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE. THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT! THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM THE NFC SOUTH GUTTER. OH MY LAWDD!!

Hahaha dang dude chill, he has another good 3-4 years and that's plenty of time to draft another #1

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,204 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

I would not mind adding Gaffney, a veteran who been productive.

With Smitty, we're talking Playoffs.
Without Smitty, we're talking top 10 pick in next year draft.

#14 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

I would not mind adding Gaffney, a veteran who been productive.

With Smitty, we're talking Playoffs.
Without Smitty, we're talking top 10 pick in next year draft.

exactly my point.. at least gaffney would give us a veteran presence/somewhat of a safety net just incase something were to happen. and if he isn't performing week 7 rolls around cut your losses and you get gettis back. It's not like it would be a risky signing. hes a good vet, good guy in the locker room who has won and can help a young team. with that being said i am also no gm and this likely wont happen

#15 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

I wouldn't mind Tutu being on the team if Rivera wouldn't keep placing him as the #3...Too much bias being shown by Rivera..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.