• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Me like most people probably weren't expecting David Gettis to be put on the PUP.. so he's done til week 8. also personally i'd LOVE to see Tutu get cut real quick, as well as armanti (i just haven't seen enough).. that leaves us with:

1. Smitty
2. Lafell
3. Murphy
4. Pilares
5. Adams

now thats a good group, but if smitty goes down it turns to a very young and inexperienced group. Therefore why not go after a guy such as Jabar Gaffney who was just cut today, who produced last year: 68 catches, 947 yards with rex grossman throwing to him. why not offer him the vet minimum and see how he produces as the #4 until gettis returns and if he plays good keep him if not we really don't lose anything. and if god forbid anything happens to smitty, lafell murphy and gaffney would still be solid. whatcha'll think?

I don't see how anyone could have expected anything out of Gettis at this point in the pre season. At this point I hope he can come back and contribute but the likelihood of that happening is very slim. I don't see him being able to step in mid season and be better than most of those other guys.

#12 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNorth Carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Don't you understand when Smitty leaves WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE. THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT! THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM THE NFC SOUTH GUTTER. OH MY LAWDD!!

Hahaha dang dude chill, he has another good 3-4 years and that's plenty of time to draft another #1

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

I would not mind adding Gaffney, a veteran who been productive.

With Smitty, we're talking Playoffs.
Without Smitty, we're talking top 10 pick in next year draft.

#14 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

I would not mind adding Gaffney, a veteran who been productive.

With Smitty, we're talking Playoffs.
Without Smitty, we're talking top 10 pick in next year draft.

exactly my point.. at least gaffney would give us a veteran presence/somewhat of a safety net just incase something were to happen. and if he isn't performing week 7 rolls around cut your losses and you get gettis back. It's not like it would be a risky signing. hes a good vet, good guy in the locker room who has won and can help a young team. with that being said i am also no gm and this likely wont happen

#15 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

I wouldn't mind Tutu being on the team if Rivera wouldn't keep placing him as the #3...Too much bias being shown by Rivera..

#16 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• LocationSC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Gaffney would be a good pick-up. I don't think that this will happen but it would make our receiving core a lot better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users