Photo
- - - - -

NFL Total Access

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#31 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

i swear...we could go into the playoffs and the "yeah, buts..." would start talking how we probably shouldn't have, were lucky to, and how we probably won't go any further because yada yada yada.

we could get in the superbowl and there would be posters going..."yeah, but we didn't win so it doesn't matter"

we could win the superbowl and posters would be going "yeah, but we probably won't win another one."

it's amazing the lack of faith that some fans have in their team. can't appreciate the obvious strengths on the team and chooses to focus almost solely on perceived deficiencies and argue since we don't look like other teams and aren't built like other teams we really don't have much of a chance.

it's not about being blind to certain issues, but thinking that their strengths is enough to make them strong enough to at least get in the playoffs. this team is the strongest it's been in years. the offense the most dominant it's ever been.

regardless of who says this team doesn't have enough weapons, we saw what this offense was capable of last year and it was one of the best in the league, was it not? why shouldn't this offense be better? another year in the system and the addition of tolbert which is pretty much an upgrade over shockey or at least on an equal level with him. WR situation has shaken out some...do we have some dynamic duo? probably not, but is it needed? considering that this team has several components that others can't match (cam and the versatile backfield), i think at the very least we are overall equally matched.

#32 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

Giants had 2 1100 yard recievers last year and they scored.

Excuse me while I forget Cruz like NFL Network forgot Olsen.

#33 LelouchBritannia

LelouchBritannia

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

If the game on sunday night was any indication I would have to agree. You could clearly tell that they were gameplanning for the jets. They ran route combinations to clear out guys underneath and pretty much all of Cam's completions were on sideline throws. He only completed one pass over the middle(Greg Olsen).

Personally I think we're seriously overrated all other receivers other than Smith because they "looked" good against 2nd and third stringers or they have "speed" takes way more than that to make a good weapon in the nfl.

#34 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Tell me again what weapons Atlanta has over us? Then NFL Total Access can tell us how the cowpukes are going to win it all.

If you don't already know then there's no use in telling you.

#35 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Duh! Roddy White and Julio Jones, a 37 year old Tony Gonzalez, an overweight starting back Michael Turner and 2 backups that are mediocre at best! 10X better then the Panthers weapons!

#36 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

I am not going to say they are stupid, but we were very good (top 5 or so in scoring) with a rookie QB. Lafell is better that Naanee was last season, Murphy and Tolbert are weapons, we have a LG who should upgrade Wharton, our RT was an undrafted rookie, and we understand the offense better.

OK--they are stupid.

#37 The Special One

The Special One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

If the game on sunday night was any indication I would have to agree. You could clearly tell that they were gameplanning for the jets. They ran route combinations to clear out guys underneath and pretty much all of Cam's completions were on sideline throws. He only completed one pass over the middle(Greg Olsen).

Personally I think we're seriously overrated all other receivers other than Smith because they "looked" good against 2nd and third stringers or they have "speed" takes way more than that to make a good weapon in the nfl.

Valid point.