117 replies to this topic

#46 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,456 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

I'll wait until week 2 of the regular season to buy it. Final roster update will be out, and maybe a patch or two. I sort of dig the XP stuff. Almost makes me wonder if Zynga made the game haha.

#47 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,293 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

After a few more games online, it's clear that interceptions are way too easy. They'll have to tone that down. The changes in the passing game add a lot and give the game a more natural feel. Far from a perfect game but at least I can tell they are moving in the right direction.

#48 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

lol madden. You guys still play that crap game? That's what happens when the competition is bought and the NFL goes to bed with EA. EA in general is a good company but they churn out this poo every year, they put no effort into it at all because they know that you will but their poo. Even if it is that, poo.

It's a monopoly that needs to be stopped. I'm glad I stopped playing madden years ago.

You are so right bro. ESPN was about to take over before the NFL sold us out.

#49 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

That video I posted takes you through Franchise Mode. Yes, some things are missing but they added an ASS LOAD of new things.

Seems like most of what they added are gimmicks, as ultimately they removed a lot more control than they added. I'm sure next season they will reintroduce many of the things they took out, and hype them up as brand new features. It's the madden way.

#50 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

I've played 6 online games. I've lagged out of every single one. One I was really pissed about because I was up 29-17 and Adams had a sweet pr for a td that was very exciting.

#51 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Everyone always bitches about this game then turns around buys it up the next year. I learned my lesson a long time ago and haven't bought it since. I think it has Vince Young on the cover.

Might as well bump this thread next year, it'll be the same stuff.

#52 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,424 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Resigned Stewart for like 3 million a year...God bless Madden and their unrealistic crap.

#53 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,626 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

The best part about all this is .. i told every last one of you .. SEVERAL times .. how many of you listened .. yeah .. you deserve it xD

#54 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Anyone else having issues with autosubbing DEs for DTs. Applewhite plays DT more than McClain.

#55 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

First Madden I've bought in 3 or 4 years. Saying that...this game confuses me. For instance, the "schemes"... when I go to "Schemes" it says I run a Balanced Offense and Base 4-3 defense. Yet during player introductions, the game introduces my defense as 3 down lineman and 4 linebackers...i.e. the game evidently thinks I'm running a 3-4. Also, when I go to practice the game lists my offense as "West Coast" and D.Scheme as "Spread".

Also, under "Schemes" you can change player types, and this affects the players ratings on your team. For instance, all of my HB's are preset at "Power Back", and because of this Deangelo is rated 71, and is third string on the depth chart. But if I change HB1, 2, and 3 to "One Cut" which is what Deangelo's "player type" is...then his rating jumps up to an 88 (one point higher than Stewart at this point). I have no idea if this discrepancy in player ratings means anything in the game itself...I think it serves to just confuse you. And even if you change all of these player types in the "Schemes" page, it doesn't matter because once you load the game back up it reverts back to what it was originally. Seriously. .

Also don't like the Connected Careers. One thing I don't like is that I'm not sure if I can actually have a franchise going (i.e. Coach mode in CC) AND a superstar mode (Player mode in CC) at the same time. Do I have to pick one or the other, or can I play both? From what I've read I think you have to retire one or the other, you can't have both at the same time. Not sure if I want to scrap my 2 year old franchise to try it out.

All in all, I'm fairly disappointed with this game. But then again, I should have known that going in. Madden stopped being fun when they randomly change stuff that didn't need to be changed and add stuff that I don't care about.

I think EA's NFL license is expiring soon, and it won't be soon enough for my tastes. Bring back the old NFL 2k series. They completely dominated EA out of the market with the NBA 2k series, and they would have done the same with the football if not for EA getting exclusive rights.

#56 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

wtf is with the ratings in connected careers? lafell goes down to a 71 and armanti is the #2 guy, josh vaughn goes to the #2 back and dwill loses a bunch of points...

It's got to do with the "scheme". If you change player types under the scheme menu then it will change their ratings. Only problem is that you'll have to do that EVERY time you load the game up because it will not save changes you make.

#57 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

I've played the poo out of the new Madden. Only online games... My record is 38-18. I got all the way up to #49 in the top 100 in the world. Thats when I got PISSED!!!!

Head to head matches are random so when I got matched up and I won, I was only getting 6 or 7 points for each win. I was already at a level 4. Then I lost a game. Too many turnovers. The dude was garbage. It was just "one of those games" those that play online often know exactly what I mean by that. None the less I lost. When I lost I was shocked that I lost 26 fuggin skill points. It would have taken 4 games just to get back to my current skill point value.

Why in the hell would I lose 26 fuggin points for one game. Did this guy have a record of 0-16???

Anyways I'm salty as hell about it still. I lost a few more games after that, and now I'm ranked like 200 something. Very pissed about it. Oh and this year, when you lose skill points you will also lose your level. I'm back down to a level 3.

Just a heads up for those of you that are playing online. Also not very impressed with the "infinity engine"

Finally, I had the weekend to play it, then was out of work for 3 days playing it. There is no way in hell I would have been able to continue playing that much anyways. I'll probably only be able to play a game or two a night from this point fwd.

Not happy with a lot of the game. Especially all the cheating fags that run the same play over and over and then run out the clock in 3rd qtr cause they're scared I will beat them... Like WTF is up with that? I enjoy playing full games, use all of my play book, and could care less about my record as long as I'm having fun playing. It's getting to the point that it's not fun to play online anymore.and that is sad.

People take it far too seriously... And in doing so have ruined the game. I will likely just play friendly games with people I know from here on out.

Why in the hell would they match me with someone who could cost me 26 points In a loss and only 5-8 points for a win???????

It's flawed, and that's what pisses me off. Also tired of DeAngelo or Stew getting barely bumped by my own linemen and getting thrown to the ground in the most ridiculous poo I've ever seen.

Overall I guess it's just Madden... And while I've defended this game for years, I don't think that I can any longer in good faith.

They changed the way it plays... And I was looking fwd to it.... They named it something cool... " InfinitynEngine" which was a great marketing strategy... But in the end they should have named it "Infinite Garbage" followed by: we keep making it, and you keep buying it. Not anymore EA... Not anymore. I won't buy any more Maddens. I'm done.

As far as rosters and cuts (Mare) they won't come out with a roster update until the reg season begins. I hope that this mysterious patch "fixes" everything that's wrong with it, but I now realize that I'm living in la la land... It won't fix poo!

I guess I'll sit here and continue to hope.

/rant

#58 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

First Madden I've bought in 3 or 4 years. Saying that...this game confuses me. For instance, the "schemes"... when I go to "Schemes" it says I run a Balanced Offense and Base 4-3 defense. Yet during player introductions, the game introduces my defense as 3 down lineman and 4 linebackers...i.e. the game evidently thinks I'm running a 3-4. Also, when I go to practice the game lists my offense as "West Coast" and D.Scheme as "Spread".

Also, under "Schemes" you can change player types, and this affects the players ratings on your team. For instance, all of my HB's are preset at "Power Back", and because of this Deangelo is rated 71, and is third string on the depth chart. But if I change HB1, 2, and 3 to "One Cut" which is what Deangelo's "player type" is...then his rating jumps up to an 88 (one point higher than Stewart at this point). I have no idea if this discrepancy in player ratings means anything in the game itself...I think it serves to just confuse you. And even if you change all of these player types in the "Schemes" page, it doesn't matter because once you load the game back up it reverts back to what it was originally. Seriously. .

Also don't like the Connected Careers. One thing I don't like is that I'm not sure if I can actually have a franchise going (i.e. Coach mode in CC) AND a superstar mode (Player mode in CC) at the same time. Do I have to pick one or the other, or can I play both? From what I've read I think you have to retire one or the other, you can't have both at the same time. Not sure if I want to scrap my 2 year old franchise to try it out.

All in all, I'm fairly disappointed with this game. But then again, I should have known that going in. Madden stopped being fun when they randomly change stuff that didn't need to be changed and add stuff that I don't care about.

I think EA's NFL license is expiring soon, and it won't be soon enough for my tastes. Bring back the old NFL 2k series. They completely dominated EA out of the market with the NBA 2k series, and they would have done the same with the football if not for EA getting exclusive rights.

Step 1. Start with a coach in CC
Step 2. Save it
Step 3. Start with a player in CC
Step 4. Save it as something different
Step 5. You now have a "franchise" and "superstar" going at the same time

#59 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

In honor of Cam not playing tonight I present to you, my first and only win in Madden 13.

#60 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

Step 1. Start with a coach in CC
Step 2. Save it
Step 3. Start with a player in CC
Step 4. Save it as something different
Step 5. You now have a "franchise" and "superstar" going at the same time

How do you save it as something different? When I go to save it just gives me the option to save "All", "Profile", or "Career". If I already have a career going as a coach, how can I save a career as a player when they don't give me the option to "save as" something other than "career"?

Another issue I have with this game is that to get the most out of the points system, you basically have to practice. And when I choose to practice "offense" for 1000 pts. I have to play offense and defense. Why should I have to play defense if I just chose to practice offense. Same goes for practicing "defense"...you still have to play offense. Ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com