117 replies to this topic

#106 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,332 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

I play the wii version of madden, because that's the only game system I have. (used to play the PC version).

Let me preface this by saying the wii version of madden is little more than a port of the old PS2 madden, so I wasn't expecting much from it.

I was still disappointed. :(

#107 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

I actually liked Blitz: The League...

What did you like about it?.. I was always annoyed because you couldnt pass the ball because your friends would just tackle you before it got there .

#108 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

What did you like about it?.. I was always annoyed because you couldnt pass the ball because your friends would just tackle you before it got there .

You just gotta be creative. Use clash catch most of the time. I mostly played the CPU though.

#109 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,590 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

You just gotta be creative. Use clash catch most of the time. I mostly played the CPU though.

Yeah the cpu was okish .. The inability to play with my friends was what killed it for me.

#110 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,833 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Fantasy Draft added.

Wish they'd add player editing.

Thank God, that's one of my favorite parts of the game. Unfortunately, I'm already two seasons into an old Coach Mode, and I'm kicking ass (won Coach of the Year, D-Lo broke the all time rushing record). But after I get bored with this squad, I'm gonna have some fun with the fantasy drafting.

#111 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Just bought the game today after seeing that they patched some stuff and added a fantasy draft. I don't do that, but it's nice to see they listen. The one thing that was keeping me from getting it was lack of editing. But I figured it might be nice to play the game as it should be played, instead of with the Super Teams I usually make.

#112 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

After playing it for a few weeks (when I could play it), my observations

Passing game is more fluid, but running the ball is hell. The oline does not want to block or hold their blocks. RB's feel clunky when controlling them.

I can get plenty of sacks on D but the secondary blows because of the revamped passing game.

The AI is stupid (missing blocks, running a route short, getting pushed back 5 yards, etc)

I like and hate connected careers mode at the same time. I like the XP part and the revolving news headlines (that are recycled too frequently for my tastes). I hate just about everything else. The menus need to be revamped, as well as easier to access news and data (such as checking the results of the last game without having to go into 5 menus, stats, etc...)

Commentary is good....for the first year of franchise only. It's a mess afterwards (mainly in the arena of introducing players and talking about teams). For example, Josh Freeman was signed by the Falcons, and the announcers still announced him as leading the Bucs attack. In the same breath seemingly, they mentioned the Falcons offense with matt Ryan leading the attack for 2012 and it was 2015 in the game.....really????

I hate the practice mode. I want to be able to do plain practice in franchise (CC) mode.

I'd give it a 5/10. This is the first madden I've played since I had my PS2. I only do careers mode and I hate how they gutted it out.

#113 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

they gave justin medlock a weak ass leg in the update

#114 malik

malik

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

anyone else cant do anything because of the panthers oline? I got freaking sacked snapping the ball from shotgun.

#115 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

I wish they'd focus on the career mode. It needs more RPG elements - that's the only way I'm buying Madden again.

#116 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,206 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Id quit playing if the Saints could shoot a RPG at the other team...this isnt RED DAWN!

#117 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

I only play online so all the extra franchise / connected career stuff I ignore.

The bottom line is that the game play is solid. And you have to play the game the way its supposed to be played. Trying to utilize a team just like they are in the NFL is sometimes difficult. This is a video game, not a super realistic simulator. Play it as such.

#118 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Took it back yesterday to trade it in, and they wouldn't take it, because it's so bad.

Well actually my license was cracked so they wouldn't take it. :huh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com