4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Dom Capers - NFC Championship Game
George Seifert - 7-9; lost Patrick Jeffers in the PS.
John Fox- Super Bowl
Ron Rivera - ???

Saw on NFL.com that his name is being tossed around as a candidate for HC of the year.

There's some holes on this team, but he without question has us playing as a unit. And everyone knows the sky is the limit for Cam Newton.

#2 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

Anything but playoffs is a disappointment this year. I also expect us to destroy the Bucs week one and send a message

#3 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

That Prisco article a month ago about them winning 3 games this season I'm sure will disappear from CBS after week 6.

#4 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

lombardi.

why not?

#5 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

IIRC, the 2000 Seifert team did have expectations they fell short of. 1999 was one of the best offenses in the entire league and one of the best I've ever seen the Panthers have. They barely missed the playoffs and in 2000 lost Patrick Jeffers in the preseason.

#6 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

I'd be upset if we don't make the playoffs (obviously), but I honestly don't know why people on here "expect" playoffs. We are still a very young football team. There are question marks at several positions. We are still riddled with inexperience among the players and coaching staff. There are some tough opponents in our conference and even in our own division. If this was an old team with aging veterans with the "window" closing on us, then I would be worried and nervous and impatient.

Some people on here feel like we've waited forever on this current personnel to get us that Lombardi when it's only been a couple of seasons with this coaching staff and only a couple of seasons separating us from the worst record in the league. Do I want to go this team to go to the playoffs? Of course. Do I expect them to? Not really. I do enjoy being surprised though (that's why I tune in every season). This whole "playoffs or bust" mentality is just outrageous to me. I'm hoping for a win every week as I should, but I'm not gonna take a poo on Jerry's doorstep if we don't make the playoffs.

Does this make me a fake fan?

#7 MuchAdoAboutNewton

MuchAdoAboutNewton

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNorth Cakalack

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

I steer clear of predictions, but I definitely expect to see the team improve and win more games. 8-8 or 9-7 seem like reasonable records for this team. If Beas and TD can stay healthy and Norman can develop like we all hope, we could see even more wins. I think Rivera has shown he has what it takes to be a HC in the NFL, and with Chud calling plays, coaching is the least of my concerns with this team.

#8 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

I think so, but who cares anymore

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

I'd be upset if we don't make the playoffs (obviously), but I honestly don't know why people on here "expect" playoffs. We are still a very young football team. There are question marks at serveral positions. We are still riddled with inexperience among the players and coaching staff. There are some tough opponents in our conference and even in our own division. If this was an old team with aging veterans with the "window" closing on us, then I would be worried and nervous and impatient.

Some people on here feel like we've waited forever on this current personnel to get us that Lombardi when it's only been a couple of seasons with this coaching staff and only a couple of seasons separating us from the worst record in the league. Do I want to go this team to go to the playoffs? Of course. Do I expect them to? Not really. I do enjoy being surprised though (that's why I tune in every season). This whole "playoffs or bust" mentality is just outrageous to me. I'm hoping for a win every week as I should, but I'm not gonna take a poo on Jerry's doorstep if we don't make the playoffs.

THIS isn't the reason you're a fake fan. lol

i agree, though. some expect perfection or pretty dadburn close to it. i expect this team to be a monster that is just in it's beginning phase and whose window of opportunity is just now starting to crack open. i think we can and if we were in the AFC i'm pretty sure we would be. but even in the NFC i think we have the talent to pull it off. it may be kind of lopsided in some aspects but most championship teams are. the key to many is to have one or two aspects that are dominant and the rest of the team just not be bad enough to hold it back significantly. coaching also has a lot to do with it as well and i think we have the coaching staff that can make players play better than they are and who is able to adapt to situations that they are in.

it's hard to be patient, but i really like the direction this team is going. i don't expect perfection yet. it's got a long time to go, but i don't see anything wrong with being giddy about even what this team can do this year.

i've dreaded enough seasons in the past decade. i've groaned and moaned enough. it's a new era and i'll be damned if someone is going to piss in my cheerios. i am unapologetically optimistic about this team and if that means being a homer, then i'll wear that badge with pride and laugh at those too scared to wear it.

#10 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'd be upset if we don't make the playoffs (obviously), but I honestly don't know why people on here "expect" playoffs. We are still a very young football team. There are question marks at serveral positions. We are still riddled with inexperience among the players and coaching staff. There are some tough opponents in our conference and even in our own division. If this was an old team with aging veterans with the "window" closing on us, then I would be worried and nervous and impatient.

not fake at all................

I would love a playoff berth but, what I would love more................

back to back winning seasons.

#11 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

As much as this pains me. rayzor pretty much got it right. We are only in year two. We will be better than last year, but not as good as we will be next year. Same with the coaching staff.

We are close and closing in. We may even suprise this year. But I am not going to fap about it if it does not happen this year. As I have said before. We are hoping for success this year. But after this year, we will be expecting success.

The homer in me is positively giddy with ecpectation. And GOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

Expectations for year two would be great, but they should hope for, and expect, some longer term success. Each of those teams were kinda one-shot teams, excluding 2005. And that was unlikely for so many reasons (only Smith at WR, Davis scoring 12 TD on an awful knee)

#13 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'm sticking with 10-6, with a wildcard slot.

#14 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Pay Chud big time HC $$ to keep him here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com