Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

o803oVaDeR

Dwill and Jstew both top 10 RBs in the NFL?

54 posts in this topic

so lets see your list so i can scratch everyone out and give preposterous explanations for it

4 people like this

J Stew has the ability...

D Will goes 2 yards then gets touched and falls down

Do you watch Panthers games?

so lets see your list so i can scratch everyone out and give preposterous explanations for it

Look, I've been waiting to use that strike out feature and your list was a good one to start from, I was just giving the reasons how someone could say that one of our guys belonged in front of some of those names.

Secondly, don't take offense. Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and they stink.

both williams and stewart have top 10 talent..but they won't have top10 production just because of the system.

either the OP's brother is an idiot or he's a troll...or both.

With an average of 5.1 yards Dwill is certainly a top 10 RB

and JS with 4.8 is right after.

(wiki numbers)

I thought DeAngelo was pretty overrated last year. Him and Stew both got high YPCs but to me it was clear Stewart was helping the team 100x more. Seemed like DeAngelo killed so many drives last season with a ton of 0-2 yard runs. Not really all his fault and idk if there are even stats to back me up on that but I really think he was kind of a drivekiller. his ability to break out for big plays every once in a while inflated his YPC. I like Stewarts consistency more because it keeps drives alive

So, why is your bro a Bucs fan?

Ray Rice

Shady McCoy (Dunno how you forgot him)

Forte

AP

McFadden

MJD

Foster

^I'd say those guys are the definitive top 7 based on ability alone. All are strong, elusive, good pass catchers and have break away speed. After these guys it gets into a debate based on what attributes are more important for a runningback.

Jstu is our most complete back - strong as an ox, fast as hell, good pass catcher, but not very elusive. Dlo has a level of creativity and elusiveness however that is hard for any other back to match, just like how Chris Johnson has a level of speed other running backs can't match.

So yea, it'll come down to what your personal preferences are in a running back at this point. I'd say stewart sneaks into the top 10, but to argue williams into there you need to really value his play style. I personally do, I think he's the most similar player to Barry Sanders since Barry himself. Sure you get some dud plays because he lacks speed and power, but god dammit he's so fun to watch and you always know he's gonna break a big one the next play.

it's hard for a bucs fan to recognize a top 10 back...they haven't had one in 17 years.

Or an elite QB.....

Freeman looked like poo last season and they are talking about concerns with him this preseason....his avg and stats suck.

So, why is your bro a Bucs fan?

His mom dropped him on his head when he was a baby.......

1 person likes this

He averaged 5.4 ypc last year. He's averaged 5 ypc or more in 4 of his first 6 seasons, and has a career average of 5.1 ypc.

You were saying?

Preach to him brother.....

It is hilarious when guys like that just make poo up and then get called on it.

From a statistically point of view, NO.

From an individual aspect, YES.