Photo
- - - - -

Nice Article On Our New Kicker

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#16 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hopefully we are scoring more touchdowns then FG, but I like what he's done and want to see the same results coming up this season.

#17 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

His kicks looked a lot cleaner than Mare's during preseason. They were down the middle and you could really see the power as his kicks consistently went through the upper portion between the posts on his attempts.

Even on XPs Mares kicks knuckle balled through. Just wasn't as crisp as Medlock (FGs and XPs)

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

anyone think that medlock was holding back on kickoffs in preseason? only reason i could see that is to get the coverage units experience in a safe atmosphere (a game that doesn't count) in dealing with returners.

we all know he's got a cannon for a leg. kicking it out of the end zone shouldn't be a problem for him at all.

#19 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

anyone think that medlock was holding back on kickoffs in preseason? only reason i could see that is to get the coverage units experience in a safe atmosphere (a game that doesn't count) in dealing with returners.

we all know he's got a cannon for a leg. kicking it out of the end zone shouldn't be a problem for him at all.

I've seen people try to say this a few times, but it just doesn't hold water with me. Why would they let Mare kick it through the endzone but ask Medlock and only Medlock to hold back so that they could get a better look at the return team? It seems that they would have done it with both kickers if they wanted to get the most reps with which to review.

I think the reality is that Medlock just had a few poor kickoffs. I think that in the long run, his touchback numbers will be more than acceptable.

#20 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

HUDDLER

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Medlock was being evaluated as well though. It wouldn't make sense for him to hold back. I really hope choosing field goal accuracy/range over field position doesn't come back to bite us hard. At least the right decision was made though. Mare has no business playing on an NFL team. I just hope Medlock is the solution.

#21 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Medlock was being evaluated as well though. It wouldn't make sense for him to hold back. I really hope choosing field goal accuracy/range over field position doesn't come back to bite us hard. At least the right decision was made though. Mare has no business playing on an NFL team. I just hope Medlock is the solution.

i absolutely think mare should be playing in the NFL. *looks to see who is on the schedule this year that he should kick for*

#22 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Do they just opt to only kick field goals in the CFL lol. That's impressive though, I'm rooting for the guy.

#23 The Special One

The Special One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

I miss Steve Reed's website.