• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Shut the fug up seriously. This is Panthers only. If it isn't stats, articles, trades, cuts, acquisitions or a topic regarding the Panthers then I don't give a fug.

You're also dangerously close to replacing fug as my most hated member.

I love you

#32 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Howany top40 defenses did RG3 face LY?

The answer will surprise u.

If you are talking NCAA top 40 defenses, the answer is one.

#33 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

If you are talking NCAA top 40 defenses, the answer is one.

Yup - look @ the level of competition regarding the games he lost last year, too.

I have nothing against RG3 except that he looks like a crack baby and he wears socks purchased on the women's wing of express. With that being said he has NOBODY in the backfield, a HC who is running out of time in the NFL, and an offensive line that may get him killed by week 9.

A lot on his plate. He would have been better off in Seattle, Cleveland, or maybe Dallas. I wish him well.

#34 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,048 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

LMFAO!  yeah because no other rookie quarterback has started before Cam (Dalton).  And i thought you knew a thing or two about football.

Hey dumbass, when's the last time five rookies started at QB in a season? Eat poo and die.

#35 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,754 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

#36 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hey dumbass, when's the last time five rookies started at QB in a season? Eat poo and die.

Has nothing to do with Cam starting or leading the way lol. Its and indication on just how bad the over all talent is at quarterback around the NFL.

#37 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

It's not just RG3. Weeden, Tannehill, Wilson and maybe even Luck wouldn't be getting starts right out of the gate if it wasn't for what Cam (and Dalton, to give him his due) did last year.

Stafford, Sanchez, Bradford, Ryan...

dude, c'mon...

#38 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,102 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Who care who gets what. RGIII ain't no Cam.
Please let the season starts already.

#39 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,096 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

I wish RG3 the best of luck, but I really don't give a poo about him or the shitty franchise that drafted him.

A fugging men

#40 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,048 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Stafford, Sanchez, Bradford, Ryan...

dude, c'mon...

Again, you think FIVE rookies would be starting this year if Cam didn't have the year he had last season?

#41 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

Yes of course. Rookies have been starting for years. Jeez, just look at the quarterbacks these rookies are starting over.

Drew Stanton
Rex Grossman
Colt McCoy
Matt Flynn
Matt Moore

Lol no wonder.

#42 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,349 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

To some extent, RGIII's attention or whatever you want to call it has a bit to do with Cam's and Dalton's success as rookies with no real off season but I disagree that RG3 wouldn't get attention or be heavily scrutinized if Cam bombed.

However, RG3 showed a lot more passing ability than Cam did in college. Of course there are reasons for that like systems and conference but the point of the matter is that coming out of college RG3 looks a much better passer than Cam.

RG3 won the Heisman, he beat out Luck, who many say is the best QB prospect since probably Elway. He had a socks thing that people strangely liked. He had no NCAA problems, brought a small school into the limelight and by all accounts is a really good guy. Add that with ESPN's thirst to beat a story to death for ratings and he was drafted by Washington, who traded a ton for him.

So even w/o Cam, RG3 would get tons of attentions. Yes, he is probably scrutinized a bit less because of Cam but it isn't anything significant.

#43 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

To some extent, RGIII's attention or whatever you want to call it has a bit to do with Cam's and Dalton's success as rookies with no real off season but I disagree that RG3 wouldn't get attention or be heavily scrutinized if Cam bombed.

However, RG3 showed a lot more passing ability than Cam did in college. Of course there are reasons for that like systems and conference but the point of the matter is that coming out of college RG3 looks a much better passer than Cam.

RG3 won the Heisman, he beat out Luck, who many say is the best QB prospect since probably Elway. He had a socks thing that people strangely liked. He had no NCAA problems, brought a small school into the limelight and by all accounts is a really good guy. Add that with ESPN's thirst to beat a story to death for ratings and he was drafted by Washington, who traded a ton for him.

So even w/o Cam, RG3 would get tons of attentions. Yes, he is probably scrutinized a bit less because of Cam but it isn't anything significant.

POST OF THE NIGHT!

#44 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image

#45 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,689 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

interestingly the OP is consistently the first to jump down anyone's throat for posting a non-panthers article in the panthers forum replete with treble-clef screams for the mod gestapo to lock down the mess

but yeah RGIII owes media representation to cam's previous work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.