Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davos

Kealoha Pilares

55 posts in this topic

i've never really got the love for this guy. sure...i want him to be successful because of his uni, but beyond that and that one kick return i've never been all that impressed or excited about him. i hate to throw out the JAG name...but that's all i really see.

now joe adams...that kid gets me excited. pilares...ehhh. i just see him as average at best. gets a roster spot because he's ok at KRs.

1 person likes this

I doubt he's on the team in two years.

I rather see Cam toss him passes than Tutu

I doubt he's on the team in two years.

agreed. frankly i'm a whole lot more excited about joe adam's potential than any WR on the roster and i'm more interested in guys like murphy and lafell and even gettis than pilares.

you set the bar really high there, didn't you? :D

I've never been impressed with Pilares. Even his long returns weren't that impressive to me. He seems to have good hands, but doesn't run great routes and doesn't seem to adjust to the ball very well. He could excel in the slot or in a scat back type roll, but I don't know if he's worth keeping beyond this season if he doesn't show something.

I rather see Tutu actually catch a pass! :D

I've never been impressed with Pilares. Even his long returns weren't that impressive to me. He seems to have good hands, but doesn't run great routes and doesn't seem to adjust to the ball very well. He could excel in the slot or in a scat back type roll, but I don't know if he's worth keeping beyond this season if he doesn't show something.

i think more than anything it's the underdog thing he has going on for him and the hope that at some point we'll have some hidden unforeseen gem that becomes the next smitty or welker.

i think he's tough, but i just don't see him as being that guy as a returner and/or a receiver.

oh...and that return for a TD...it came against the other STs bottom feeder in the league led by danny crossman (yuck).

it was nice having a return for a TD, but considering who it was against....meh. it was like having one returned on ourselves.

pilares might not have blazing speed per se but he did manage to break the longest kickoff return in team history. he's improving at wr & he can also contribute on special teams coverage. you always have room for guys like this on your team.

pilares might not have blazing speed per se but he did manage to break the longest kickoff return in team history. he's improving at wr & he can also contribute on special teams coverage. you always have room for guys like this on your team.

against who again?

against who again?

it still counts, i mean it not his fault the lions can't tackle. by the way i not implyling he'll ever be anything special

He could become a decent, even legit slot receiver.

But as a returner? $hit, dude suck balls. RR "need" to give Adams a chance at returning kicks to see what he can do. Pilares had one lucky return for a td against the Lions and most of the huddlers were on his nuts thinking he's the next Hester. Really, I'm sorry to tell the truth but the dude cnt return. Like it or not.