• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davos

Kealoha Pilares

Guest Hokebuck

I rather see Cam toss him passes than Tutu

I rather see Tutu actually catch a pass! :D

I've never been impressed with Pilares. Even his long returns weren't that impressive to me. He seems to have good hands, but doesn't run great routes and doesn't seem to adjust to the ball very well. He could excel in the slot or in a scat back type roll, but I don't know if he's worth keeping beyond this season if he doesn't show something.

i think more than anything it's the underdog thing he has going on for him and the hope that at some point we'll have some hidden unforeseen gem that becomes the next smitty or welker.

i think he's tough, but i just don't see him as being that guy as a returner and/or a receiver.

oh...and that return for a TD...it came against the other STs bottom feeder in the league led by danny crossman (yuck).

it was nice having a return for a TD, but considering who it was against....meh. it was like having one returned on ourselves.

pilares might not have blazing speed per se but he did manage to break the longest kickoff return in team history. he's improving at wr & he can also contribute on special teams coverage. you always have room for guys like this on your team.

pilares might not have blazing speed per se but he did manage to break the longest kickoff return in team history. he's improving at wr & he can also contribute on special teams coverage. you always have room for guys like this on your team.

against who again?

against who again?

it still counts, i mean it not his fault the lions can't tackle. by the way i not implyling he'll ever be anything special

He could become a decent, even legit slot receiver.

But as a returner? $hit, dude suck balls. RR "need" to give Adams a chance at returning kicks to see what he can do. Pilares had one lucky return for a td against the Lions and most of the huddlers were on his nuts thinking he's the next Hester. Really, I'm sorry to tell the truth but the dude cnt return. Like it or not.

it still counts, i mean it not his fault the lions can't tackle. by the way i not implyling he'll ever be anything special

He just doesn't seem to have that second level but I do like the Lance Moore comparison

Adams will hopefully elevate our return game but for KRs, Pilares is an average body to throw in there. kickoffs still concern me

Concerning WRs, if anyone here is on the same boat with me and sees Smith, LaFell, Murphy, Adams, and Pilares on the squad (Gettis PUP)...we still have an opening that I don't want Edwards, Tutu, or anyone else filling. One guy that a team will make a huge mistake on if cut is Danny Coale and I'd pick him up in a heartbeat if he became available.

He has potential. Predicting the guy off the team already? Eh, how about we let him play the season first.

As far as his return last year, who cares who it was against he's a panther and it counted. Get over it.

Pilares sucks on kick returns? He ranked 8th in the NFL last year with a 25.7 yard average over 23 returns. C'mon...give credit where it's due.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/returning/sort/yardsPerKickReturn

Pilares sucks on kick returns? He ranked 8th in the NFL last year with a 25.7 yard average over 23 returns. C'mon...give credit where it's due.

http://espn.go.com/n...dsPerKickReturn

WIth out his fluky long one against one of the worst coverage teams in the NFL, his average drops to 22.27 or good enough for 23rd.

I dont like Pilares as a KR. But I love him as a slot receiver. Pilares has caught passes from Cam, DA and he's even made Jimmy look like a quarterback.

I dont care about blazing speed and athletic ability or size if you dont CATCH THE FRICKIN BALL. This guys is a Receiver and he catches the ball and picks up yards after the catch.

In this offense, with Smitty getting double coverage and Greg Olsen drawing linebackers, Pilares can do some damage. He's not as fast as Steve Smith, but Steve Smith called him his fantasy sleeper. He hasnt had many shots because of his size. But they cant cut him, because he's consistent.

If Armanti can get 3 years of doing nothing.... then certainly KP can get 3 more years for his productivity.

WIth out his fluky long one against one of the worst coverage teams in the NFL, his average drops to 22.27 or good enough for 23rd.

That'd be 2 spots above Hester....that guy must suck too.

As RR says, look at the body of work. That body includes a TD return. Not sayin' he's megastar...just give him credit for what's done, including that "fluky" long one.

my point is, what can he do for us RIGHT NOW? he is buried behind receivers, and there is no hope for him getting out. if he can't contribute elsewhere, e.g., in the kick return game, then what is the rationale for keeping him on the squad. trade him to a team that needs receivers in a bad way, and ask for a speed guy in return.

i understand wanting to develop your young guys. but sports are about the here and now. just ask the dodgers.

That'd be 2 spots above Hester....that guy must suck too.

As RR says, look at the body of work. That body includes a TD return. Not sayin' he's megastar...just give him credit for what's done, including that "fluky" long one.

Hester is one of the all time bests......at punt returns. He's average at KR's.

I do give Pilares credit for what he's done, and that credit makes him an average to below average kickoff returner.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    yayfootball

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts