Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 = Best DT Draft Class ever?

39 posts in this topic

Posted

2013 draft is also looking real good for safeties with a 1st or 2nd round grade.

Yep. Lester, Jefferson, Rambo, McDonald, Reid, the list goes on.

To be honest Amerson looks more like FS than a CB to me. I can see him transitioning to that to the NFL. Just don't see us in position to take him.

Posted

I'd rather go with a pass rusher, TBH. That's our biggest need, IMO.

Posted

I love how so many are absolutely terrified of adding first round talent to a position that hasn't had an impact player since Kris Jenkins.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd rather go with a pass rusher, TBH. That's our biggest need, IMO.

Right there with you. Other than Johnson the other guys are just that. the other guys. We need someone that comes in and rushes like he's on bath salts. To either take Johnsons place or be a complimenting peice to CJ.

Posted

DT is definitely not our biggest need. I would draft a top WR or top CB over a DT

1 person likes this

Posted

I love how so many are absolutely terrified of adding first round talent to a position that hasn't had an impact player since Kris Jenkins.

where you getting terrified from?

it's called being pragmatic. it's called being wise. it's called not throwing away a 1st round pick on a position that is more prone to bust because you are desperate to fix that.

if i want a kris jenkins, i'll go out and get one...one that is proven. i'm not going to go and spend that pick on a position that takes too long to develop and has such a high chance of failure. you call that scared? meh....it's just smart and it's better than being stupid which is what setting your sights on a DT just because of need would be.

Posted

I really don't see a problem with drafting a DT in the first if that player happens to be the BPA and fills a major need. Even Kris Jenkins cost a second round pick. Setting your sights on a DT because of need isn't stupid, it just means you want to improve in that area and a first round pick, and all the risk that comes with making that pick, may be necessary. It doesn't automatically mean we'd be "throwing away" anything, especially if it's the right player.

But all things considered, cb might be the best route to go in the first next year.

Posted

Unless there's another Suh in this coming draft. You better get a DE or CB first round.

Posted

Our DT play sucked last year but I think we can build a serviceable unit out of guys currently on the roster. Can't say the same about the pass rush or secondary.

Posted

Whelp, guess my point is moot after the events of today. BPA it is.

Posted

Much rather take a Safety next season. We wanted Mark Barron but he was off the board, so we settled for kuechley. Not that he was a bad selection, but the front office thought shoring up the safety spot was more important. I think thats the direction we head in the draft next year.

Posted

Matt Elam will suffice