Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 = Best DT Draft Class ever?

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Reid from LSU looks solid.

Posted

Much rather take a Safety next season. We wanted Mark Barron but he was off the board, so we settled for kuechley. Not that he was a bad selection, but the front office thought shoring up the safety spot was more important. I think thats the direction we head in the draft next year.

I think if the draft was coming up we would go safety and predict by the time it actually rolls around we will go safety.

This team has honestly never had a legit top safety. Cota and Minter are the best in our history and that has to change. The position is more important now than its ever been in the league

Posted

I think if the draft was coming up we would go safety and predict by the time it actually rolls around we will go safety.

This team has honestly never had a legit top safety. Cota and Minter are the best in our history and that has to change. The position is more important now than its ever been in the league

The 2013 draft will have lots of good players at FS, but almost nothing at SS. Eric Reid from LSU, TJ McDonalds from USC, and Tony Jefferson from OU would all be solid picks.

Posted

We need a FS. How nice would it be to have a ball hawk centerfield FS that would allow Godfrey to play closer to the line?

Posted

I find the the loop rhetoric that you Hurney apologists spew out every year to be absolutely comical.

"we dont draft for need! We go BPA! Don't want our picks to bust! That's the way HurneyMagic does and it's best you just to accept it! If we have needs at other places we will fill them with proven commodities in free agency!"

*free agency comes*

"omg I'm so tired of all the threads about wanting quality players! Just stop it! The Hurndog has made it very clear we build this team through the draft and don't sign good players in free agency! It's best you just accept it! Hurneys' the expert and you are not!"

Posted

Reid from LSU looks solid.

i was just looking at him.

if i had to focus my attention on one position...it would be safety and reid is probably my top choice there. i like him and tj mcdonald and kenny voccarro. i'd be happy with any of those three. i expect the safety to be athletic and good in coverage, but a third and equally important thing is that they be big.

Posted

We need a FS. How nice would it be to have a ball hawk centerfield FS that would allow Godfrey to play closer to the line?

i want him to be well over 6' tall and at least 210 pounds. the guy has to be big for a DB.

Posted

All the safeties mentioned are good. If they decide to go corner first though, I'd like them to take a look at Xavier Rhodes.

Posted

There's some good CB who can come out this year. I'm really liking Xavier Rhodes, Terry Hawthrone, Dee Milliner, and Johnathan Banks. A trio of Gamble, Norman, and one of those CB would be pretty sick.

Posted

All the safeties mentioned are good. If they decide to go corner first though, I'd like them to take a look at Xavier Rhodes.

i'm hoping that we've found the right combo of CBs. it would help if hogan comes back next year and doesn't suck.

Posted

i'm hoping that we've found the right combo of CBs. it would help if hogan comes back next year and doesn't suck.

I've totally forgotten about Hogan. I'm sure the FO will give him one more year before writing him off.

Posted

Why are you guys so obsessed over positions again? Did drafting Luke not teach you anything? The FO is going to look for players who fit the mold of this team - decently athletic players with a good work ethic, before they'll look at positional needs.