Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medlock

92 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm perfectly fine with two kickers and two QBs.

Posted

I hate to be that guy that overreacts to everything, but oh boy, I'm finding it really hard not to right now.

Posted

Not good at all...very concerned...bring back Kasay?

Is it just a bad game, or a sign of things to come? I am not sure, but fwiw, Kasay had some bad games and Medlock was perfect before tonight.

Posted

Didn't watch the game, but the two misses are listed as 50 and 56 yards. Probably not going to be kicking any 56 yarders in a real game, but he should be making those 50 yarders. How bad did he miss them?

Posted

Is it just a bad game, or a sign of things to come? I am not sure, but fwiw, Kasay had some bad games and Medlock was perfect before tonight.

He also didn't know the job was all his before tonight either. I HOPE it's just jitters from this being his first game as THE guy. But I would be laying some Barry White on Mare right now if I'm Hurney.

Posted

Medlock has played for 9 teams since being drafted. That wouldn't have been the case if he were a good kicker. He seemed to take that first miss pretty hard. Maybe he can't put misses behind him.

Posted

Look, Mare couldn't even attempt FGs of 50+... According to reports, Medlock was hitting them regularly since day one in practice. He just has to get the jitters out. Or at least that's all we can hope for.

Truth is, eventually we were going to have to move forward from Kasay anyway, and ultimately, odds were that whoever the next guy was wouldn't be as consistent as Kasay. So, we have a relatively young, inexperienced kicker with tons of leg and questionable accuracy... Best we can do is hope it pans out, and that's that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't watch the game, but the two misses are listed as 50 and 56 yards. Probably not going to be kicking any 56 yarders in a real game, but he should be making those 50 yarders. How bad did he miss them?

John Kasay kicked a 55 yard FG in 2010 lol.

Posted

tumblr_m2m6ab1ozj1qm82y8o1_500.png

tumblr_m42x4nyzoy1r46bewo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3m6t3Whqg1qe7o53o1_500.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

Medlock has played for 9 teams since being drafted. That wouldn't have been the case if he were a good kicker. He seemed to take that first miss pretty hard. Maybe he can't put misses behind him.

I heard he had a towel on his head.

Posted

I watched Kasay in the preseason and he's taken a step back. His leg just don't have it anymore.

bigger bolts?

Posted

Kasey was 2 for 5 last year on 50+ yarders btw.