• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 SF4Nynah

SF4Nynah

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

What gadget is this? I normally watch the game withe headphones in streaming most of your local radio broadcasts and the delay is something I would love to be rid of.

There's a radio called "SportsSync" that's just for this purpose. $59.95

http://www.sportsyncradio.com/

#32 scratchy1

scratchy1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

Wow... Didn't know it had went up to JR in that fashion. I knew about the issue with him feeling he deserved a ring, but didn't know he badmouthed JR. Definitely makes me think less of him, although I do think he deserved a ring.

As far as Mick, I think a lot of people were too hard on him because Rosinski was just that awesome, and their styles are so different. The first few years he was here, I didn't really care for his announcing style, but he really has grown on me. It's just the occasional incident like last night that brings me back to his first few years. He seems much more comfortable in the role now and as I said, he, Szoke, and Gene have great chemistry.

In all honesty, I do prefer to hear our homer-tinged radio broadcast during regular season games, but I can't listen to the radio and watch it at the same time.

Oh and last night, he also followed that with another Mick-ism when Poole had a carry... "And Poole splashes down to the 15." LOL.

I'm not sure "badmouthed" is the best description. It was more like "Jerry tells us that we're all one big family, everyone plays a role, but then he won't share the fruits of our labor" etc. It wasn't anything like "Jerry's a jerk." Rosinski just talked too much. Apparently some play-by-play buddy of his got a Super Bowl ring so he felt like he should be treated the same way because JR made a point of saying that he wanted to treat his employees as good as or better than any team in the league. And Rozinski continued to whine about it after he inquired and was told the decisions on rings were final, which is what got him fired. JR is old-school. It's OK to have a problem with a decision, but you don't keep infecting the rest of the organization with negative comments once you've said your piece to the people in charge.

#33 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

This thread seems to dovetail nicely with that one of the buxom blondes posing at the lake...or at least I hope it does...

Hopefully these photogs were doing some flubbin of their own...

Perhaps we should wait for the call from Mick...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.