• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

Clausen could improve more than any QB in history and still not be a quality starter. Sure, he's better, but he began at such a low level it doesn't matter.

#17 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

Not sure how you can say Clausen has improved playing against Steeler scrubs. I bet he would look great against a high school or college team too, but in a regular season game.......well, we've seen what that looks like. Heck, we've seen it this preseason.

#18 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,115 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

We honestly only need 2 QBs. I'm pretty sure that we will be fine with just Cam and DA. I hope the coaching staff realizes that. Hopefully somebody more deserving doesn't get cut just to be able to keep clausen.

#19 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,151 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

He looked better but he's still Clausen...

#20 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

It's hilarious how I got torched on this board in 2010 when the Panthers drafted this guy and I was oh so close to selling my PSLs and trying to tell the world he was a bad investment.

I was with you, I never wanted him and thought he was a joke.

#21 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

Doesn't matter if we waste a roster spot with a 3rd QB.

Can we find one thats cheaper to do the same thing? My guess is yes. Edwards? jk

#22 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,326 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

Guys, he was going against a D that had dudes that are gonna be out of a damn job 19 hrs from now! Jimmy sucks dick.

Dear God.....are you 12 years old?

I think that his message board has degraded to the point of no return.

I remember the Good Old Days (only 3-4 years ago) when the posters on here were intelligent, informed, and respectable. The days when Zod actually enforced the age limit. Over the past 18 months, it has turned into a Day Care Service. Parent dropping off their idiot children in front of a computer and forcing the rest of us to deal with them.

That is all.

#23 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

I agree MadHatter.

#24 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

Without reading too much into it, I have to say I was happy to see Jimmy do well. Yeah, he sucked in 2010, and under NO circumstances would I like to see him under center for us (tossing salt over my shoulder, knocking on wood, spitting against ill fate). But the guy has done what was asked of him and been a good teammate for the last two years with never a peep of ill humor or resentment, even though he MUST have been feeling some. If he can slowly climb out of the hole he dug two years ago to have some kind of a career int he NFL, I say good on him.

#25 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

Whether the improvements in that game could translate into live football or not, Clausen showed some huge strides compared to how he used to play. It wasn't just that he was playing against 3rd stringers or whatever - it was his ball placement and his willingness to go long. He had some terrible throws, yeah, but he also had some real nice ones, including a couple crazy drops that were right on the money. He's probably not worth a roster spot here, but if he lands in the right place with the right staff, I think he has a chance to be at least a good backup for the right kind of offense.

#26 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

Dear God.....are you 12 years old?

I think that his message board has degraded to the point of no "reruns".

NOOOO not ReRun!!!

#27 GhostofMosul

GhostofMosul

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

trade him. he played decent enough to go to a team that needs a back up. get something for him, at least. we dont need a third qb taking up a roster spot. end of the day though, if you cant get anything for him, might as well cut your ties as soon as possible.

#28 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,326 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

NOOOO not ReRun!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuEpouRT7bk

Trying to track down our IT lead here in the office. My damn keyboard is skipping about ever 5th to 6th keystroke. Caught most of them, but missed this one.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

he played better against 3rd stringers, but throwing to 3rd stringers with 3rd stringers blocking for him....just for perspective.

my only hope is that some team noticed and that in that moment that their QB breaks down and they look at the options they have and go "aww f*ck, well who's available?" and then remember that clausen was against the steelers in the 4th preseason game and looked better than he did at any moment in the 2010 season and then they feel like giving up a 5th or 6th to the panthers might be a good thing. trade deadline getting pushed back to the 8th week might help with that.

at any rate, i'm happy for him and hope he found some confidence that he can take with him when he hits the FA market after this season when his contract is up.

he won't be cut. there's no need to do it. he's a 3rd string QB whose job is to work with the scout team. he doesn't even get a jersey on game day so there's no real danger of him seeing the field. he doesn't cost that much. he's a good guy that has handled his downfall with class and completely lost that 'entitled' bent he had to him. he's now a team player.

i screamed "NOOOO!!!!!" at the top of my lungs when he was drafted mainly because i had been laughing at his downfall wondering which team was going to be dumb enough to draft him and when i saw that it was us, i was truthfully embarrassed. i, along with a good few others, tried looking for the silver lining and hoped that he would live up to whatever hype he had. he didn't and i moved on as did the team. he sucked as a starting QB for us...maybe he just wasn't ready and shouldn't have left so early, i don't know. i just know that he didn't turn into a ryan leaf type putz and he didn't whine. he put his enormous ego aside and took everything in stride. can't hate a guy for that. i hope he can get his groove and get another job with another team. last night made that easier for him.

#30 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,690 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

He hit some wide open receivers in soft zones for the most part.

Then there was that bailout catch by lamont bryant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.