Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The biggest problem with Armanti...

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Armanti has never been as fast or shifty as Adams on a punt return, and its Joe's first season.

Posted

We need a better prospect than college football's best returner.

I think maybe your standards are too high.

we need a guy who actually plays well, not just a guy who got an espy and is a good prospect

Posted

Not singling you out, just that Adams is the new shiny toy and everyone is caught in that hype. I would love for him to become an awesome punt returner, but I'm just looking at it objectively and he is basically Armanti but comin from a bigger school and with out the position change. Just concerns me a bit.

Only part of this that is correct is now bolded

He was an exceptional returner before he came here, not some Frankenstien QB/WR/ST thing we tried to create.

Posted

He has already had a couple of the best looking punt returns we have seen in years.

Not happy about that?

Posted

He has already had a couple of the best looking punt returns we have seen in years.

Not happy about that?

Not if he muffs punts and kicks them to the other team

Posted

Not if he muffs punts and kicks them to the other team

Will you support Adams once Armanti is not a Panther or will you be joining Armanti in the CFL message boards? Serious question.

Posted

That texans returner has had 3 TDs on returns. Adams hasn't even come close to that. Not saying he's bad just nothing special so far.

Posted

And for the record I don't care if armanti makes the team or not, I just want to see a good returner in the backfield and I haven't seen that in Adams yet.

Posted

That texans returner has had 3 TDs on returns. Adams hasn't even come close to that. Not saying he's bad just nothing special so far.

He has gotten more out of our pure poo special teams play in front of him than anyone else has. I'd say thats special.

Posted

we've never seen anything out of armanti that was remotely similar to joe adams' return against houston.

Posted

Not singling you out, just that Adams is the new shiny toy and everyone is caught in that hype. I would love for him to become an awesome punt returner, but I'm just looking at it objectively and he is basically Armanti but comin from a bigger school and with out the position change. Just concerns me a bit.

But objectively he isn't basically Armanti.....he is a better return man and has more potential at returning as a rookie than Edwards does a 3rd year vet.

Recieving is probably a push unless you put them in screen type setting then Adams again has more potential.

They are looking to occupy the same role on the team....so again to keep Armanti you have to ask what does he give you over Adams? His ability to throw doesn't seem to be enough in my mind. The Armanti wildcat is a weak option and less of a problem for defensives than a standard Newton play

Posted

I feel like I am talking to children.

Why are you pulling other PR's into the conversation ?

Why are you ignoring the horrible state of our Special Teams in doing so ?

Why can you not admit the Adams is a career PR guy who has had success in THE conference in football ?

Can you honestly say you would rather Armanti field punts that Adams ?

Do you think Armanti (after the several years to do anything) has more ability to make plays in the PR game ?

2 people like this