• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,371 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

Passes yes, just like Lafell. That problem is fixable.

Haven't seen him dropping punts mentioned.

Derp.

You were the one who brought up Edwards and catching the ball in tight coverage.

Derp

#32 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

:o

Weaknesses: Adams has fumbled a little bit too much lately – Could add a few more pounds, especially in the upperbody to protect himself from the physical NFL game, but don’t want to risk his speed – Would like to see him refine his route running a little bit more, especially if he is going to be playing in a precision passing system.

Hands: Another suspect area of Adams’ game are his hands. He seeming has concentration lapses, attempting to take off and run, before properly securing the football. His 2011 Sugar Bowl performance against Ohio State highlights several instances of his consistent inconsistency when it comes to catching the football. This is another reason I listed Shumer’s offense as a great fit for Adams, as it will allow him to turn back to the QB on screens and simply wait for the ball before creating in space, rather than forcing him into situations where he’s having to keep his head on a swivel over the middle of the field while concentrating on the catch.

Negatives -- Undersized, is one of the smaller receivers in this draft and can get overpowered by larger corners... Ran slower than expected at the combine... Never was a prolific receiver at Arkansas, never had a 1,000 yard season and only scored three touchdowns as a senior... Seemed to disappear in big games, did not record a catch against Texas A&M, had three catches against LSU, and five catches for 22 yards in the Cotton Bowl... Size is an issue when asked to run block, has a hard time engaging... Has some ball security issues.

Armanti-

Beat Michigan
???
???
???
Was drafted 3 years ago and has only developed enough that I don't have to close my eyes every time he fields a punt.
???
???
Can't play WR.

???

#33 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

You were the one who brought up Edwards and catching the ball in tight coverage.

Derp

Edwards has had a couple years to get that fixed. It ain't even close.

Derp Derp

#34 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Derp

Reason being he will only make the team as a PR/KR/WR 3 of those are filled by Pilares and Adams.
THUS

He can only make the team as a WR and sadly he isnt a very good WR after his years here.

Like he said, this isn't hard.

Im sure Armanti is a nice guy, but its time to cut our massive losses here and move ahead with other players.

#35 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

That wasn't a declaration Joe Adams is currently the shiznit. Just that what does AE give you Adams doesn't?

He is small....but he is much shifter, quicker, and more eager to make something out of nothing than Edwards.

Not singling you out, just that Adams is the new shiny toy and everyone is caught in that hype. I would love for him to become an awesome punt returner, but I'm just looking at it objectively and he is basically Armanti but comin from a bigger school and with out the position change. Just concerns me a bit.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,565 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

since it's cut day in the huddle....i'd like to point this quote out as an example of someone who puts the huddle in danger of copyright infringement and unnecessary lawsuits because there is no link or citing done. just copy and pasted from another web site.

just trying to be helpful. :)

:o

Weaknesses: Adams has fumbled a little bit too much lately – Could add a few more pounds, especially in the upperbody to protect himself from the physical NFL game, but don’t want to risk his speed – Would like to see him refine his route running a little bit more, especially if he is going to be playing in a precision passing system.

Hands: Another suspect area of Adams’ game are his hands. He seeming has concentration lapses, attempting to take off and run, before properly securing the football. His 2011 Sugar Bowl performance against Ohio State highlights several instances of his consistent inconsistency when it comes to catching the football. This is another reason I listed Shumer’s offense as a great fit for Adams, as it will allow him to turn back to the QB on screens and simply wait for the ball before creating in space, rather than forcing him into situations where he’s having to keep his head on a swivel over the middle of the field while concentrating on the catch.

Negatives -- Undersized, is one of the smaller receivers in this draft and can get overpowered by larger corners... Ran slower than expected at the combine... Never was a prolific receiver at Arkansas, never had a 1,000 yard season and only scored three touchdowns as a senior... Seemed to disappear in big games, did not record a catch against Texas A&M, had three catches against LSU, and five catches for 22 yards in the Cotton Bowl... Size is an issue when asked to run block, has a hard time engaging... Has some ball security issues.

#37 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

Armanti has never been as fast or shifty as Adams on a punt return, and its Joe's first season.

#38 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,371 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

We need a better prospect than college football's best returner.

I think maybe your standards are too high.

we need a guy who actually plays well, not just a guy who got an espy and is a good prospect

#39 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Not singling you out, just that Adams is the new shiny toy and everyone is caught in that hype. I would love for him to become an awesome punt returner, but I'm just looking at it objectively and he is basically Armanti but comin from a bigger school and with out the position change. Just concerns me a bit.

Only part of this that is correct is now bolded

He was an exceptional returner before he came here, not some Frankenstien QB/WR/ST thing we tried to create.

#40 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

He has already had a couple of the best looking punt returns we have seen in years.

Not happy about that?

#41 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

He has already had a couple of the best looking punt returns we have seen in years.

Not happy about that?

Not if he muffs punts and kicks them to the other team

#42 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Not if he muffs punts and kicks them to the other team

Will you support Adams once Armanti is not a Panther or will you be joining Armanti in the CFL message boards? Serious question.

#43 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

That texans returner has had 3 TDs on returns. Adams hasn't even come close to that. Not saying he's bad just nothing special so far.

#44 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

And for the record I don't care if armanti makes the team or not, I just want to see a good returner in the backfield and I haven't seen that in Adams yet.

#45 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

That texans returner has had 3 TDs on returns. Adams hasn't even come close to that. Not saying he's bad just nothing special so far.

He has gotten more out of our pure poo special teams play in front of him than anyone else has. I'd say thats special.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.