• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Ive been avoiding this forum because the NHL is beginning to irritate me with this looming lockout. It appears as if the other 4 people who post on this forum have been avoiding it as well.

We are 2 weeks from the players being locked out. My two favorite teams look very promising (Panthers and Canes). I just cant handle another lost hockey season. Especially when the Canes finally are able to spend some money. We have never had as many stars as we do now. Players are talking about going over seas. Great. They will all go to the KHL in Russia, make a TON more money, and who knows how many will come back. More money, endless voka, and a bunch of Anna Kournikova look a likes? Sign me up...

Some articles reporting progress...or lack thereof....

As of today the status:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404094

Going to Europe:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403991

Read only if you love numbers, I also suggest taking some tylenol before reading:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404044

#2 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth they beer.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

I to am extremely frustrated by the potential lockout. I'm ready for 'Canes hockey. I plan on being at the Home Opener...if it happens.

#3 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Started really getting into hockey the first year after the lockout, so I can't imagine going without for any extended period of time. Fugging Bettman! Unfortunately, in the US, even most hockey fans won't miss it too much until football season is over. Our only hope for a quick resolution, it seems, is for those eskimo fuggers up in the 51st state put the wrench to the league.

Canadian fans' influence > American fans' influence

On the plus side of the leagues hard stance...

Whenever a deal is reached, it sounds like the players' share is going to shrink dramatically. Which means that a bunch of good players are going to be available for cheap. Everyone knows Karmanos loves going the coupon route, even if he has the money this year.

#4 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Yeah this sucks. At least we have memories of the Stanley Cup. Honestly though, even if it's a shortened season, as long as they get to play and have the playoffs I'll be good.

#5 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,556 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Awww fugkk! Come on now!

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,190 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm not superstitious and I don't want there to be a lockout, but I wouldn't go bat poo crazy if there was one. Die hard Canes fans remember that the Canes won the 05-06 Stanley Cup Championship, the year directly after the 04-05 lockout. Eerily similar...

#7 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Updated news: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405064

Both sides are resuming negotiations. I guess it's better than them not meeting....provided they don't piss each other off...lockout looming this weekend...

#8 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,556 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

this poo is pissing me off. looks like the season won't start on Oct. 11

#9 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

this poo is pissing me off. looks like the season won't start on Oct. 11

No fan is ever in the mood for a lockout but a year removed from the NFL lockout and less than 10 years removed from an entire lost NHL season....this mess is irritating....

#10 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'm a fughead

#11 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 11,962 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Canes were looking so good during the second half of last year, I was so excitied for this year to start. I hope they get going soon, and don't waste any games. They are supposed to be here in October, and only come to SJ every other year. I'll be uber pissed if I miss them this year because of a lame assed lockout. Fug you greedy bitches, and get it on!

#12 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

I hope this leads to more players leaving and playin in European leagues...real players...I`ve heard Crosby and Malkin are off to the KHL potentially.

I'm sick of all the whiny bitching millionaires on both sides of this poo. I'd love to see more equality in the european leagues and more of an international hockey scene.

I hate the fuggen oilers, so I already know I'm not going to spend a rotten dime on game tickets unless a miracle lands me in Montreal this winter...but as fans, we can't take this poo...because guess what...no matter how it all turns out...your ticket price will end up going up to appease the rich bitches.

#13 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth they beer.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,512 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

Not sure why star players would go to Russia. They'll get "Star" treatment...and that isn't always best.

#14 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

treated like a god...even the mediocre players!

#15 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

If this does go on we will see some great talent here in Charlotte. Skinner, Faulk, Welsh, and Rask have all been assigned to the Checkers among other players on link below. The four I mentioned are the ones I would be most interested in seeing. As "neat" as it would be to see these guys play in the city I live this is by no means exciting. This blows actually, freaking lockout...

http://www.charlotte...o-checkers.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.