Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you agree with Ron Rivera's Stoic Presence on the sidelines?

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm one of the biggest Duke fans that you'll ever find and I'm going to have to call BS on this.

It is a bit of an exaggeration to make a point....everyone shows emotions.

Coach K OVERALL....sits calm and collective in scenarios many don't. You really want to fuss over that?

Posted

Rivera is very composed on the sideline, but he still slaps guys on the back when they do well and acknowledges good play. But these guys are professionals, and he does expect them to do their job without cheering every time. I don't know how many times last year he told Cam 'great job young man'. That's a perfect and respectful reaction to a young player doing well IMO.

1 person likes this

Posted

As long as the defense improves, the special teams improve, and we make the playoffs, Ron can do whatever he wants on the sidelines.

239473_o.gif

2 people like this

Posted

...and don't assume that Rivera's stoic sideline demeanor means he doesn't rip guys a new ass when he needs to, because he does.

Also, there are times when giving a guy a certain look is much more powerful than anything you can say to him. All those sideline antics may make us fans feel better, but I don't think it makes much of a difference from a coaching standpoint.

I actually worry about a coach who is constantly losing his cool and screaming at people on the sideline, makes me wonder if he feels like he isn't in control of the team.

2 people like this

Posted

Rex Ryan talks all of the time, and his team seems to not maintaining their great start. Plus I'd rather not hear if Coach Rivera has a foot fetish.

Posted

Ron does yell and be emotional but it's usually off camera and we don't really get to see it...but he does use emotion..remember he was grown up in a military enviornment.

Posted

nm

Posted

never thought about it and really don't care....he can stand over there and eat hot dogs all game long as long as we are winning....

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think Ron should yell at players on the sidelines. He should simply walk up to the player that is performing poorly, give them that stoic stare, and whip it out and urinate on them.

Posted

This is similar to the Cam wearing a towel over his head discussion...

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think it matters what I think. I would much rather RR be himself - be it stoic, gum chomping, or stroking off in a Gatorade towel (well, maybe not THAT one!) - than indulge in some sort of behavior because it plays well on television or to the fans. As long as his demeanor doesn't impair his ability to coach and lead the team, I really don't care what he does on the sidelines.

Posted

HIRE COWHER!!!!11!1!1!11! He yells and even SPITS and stuff!! You KNOW he means business.

meh....

and broseidon...yeah, that was sarcasm as well.

1 person likes this