Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Irv

Do you agree with Ron Rivera's Stoic Presence on the sidelines?

45 posts in this topic

if he over-reacts to things on the field, the team will over-react to things on the field. He is sending a message to stay claim to whatever happens good or bad

He could wear a clown suit and take a nap on the bench for all I care. As long as there is no hand clapping or gum chewing.

1 person likes this

I am not a fan of coaches who wear their emotions on their sleeve.

i actually think fox wore his emotions on his sleeve.

Rivera needs to be Rivera. Rather thats looking stoic all game or doing cartwheels every time we pick up a 1st down. It doesnt matter as long as he is being himself. What the hell is it with fans and their overreactions to players/coaches sideline demeanor??? I dont think iv ever followed a sports team where some fans didn't whine about how the coach or player was acting on the sideline. He's too serious, he's too goofy, he shows too much emotion, he doesnt show enough emotion etc. Seriously, on this issue, STFU.

Does the aspect of how he stands and looks on the sideline really have anything to do with the fact of how good or bad he is as a head coach? Classic huddle thread for sure

We know Rivera gets his point across. Have we forgotten the training camp "everybody gather round" speech where he called everybody out for lack of effort, vets included?

The team respects this man, you can tell. He doesn't need to rip any asses on the sidelines (except for officials).

Idc. I hoped he can just be a bit more passionate. When I say passionate, I mean yell a bit more.

...and don't assume that Rivera's stoic sideline demeanor means he doesn't rip guys a new ass when he needs to, because he does.

Also, there are times when giving a guy a certain look is much more powerful than anything you can say to him. All those sideline antics may make us fans feel better, but I don't think it makes much of a difference from a coaching standpoint.

I actually worry about a coach who is constantly losing his cool and screaming at people on the sideline, makes me wonder if he feels like he isn't in control of the team.

You sire have nailed it.

Coach coaches the players during the week. On game day he coaches the game. You only get an atta boy for doing well, because doing well is expected. Make a minor mistake and you get "The stare". Make a major mistake, and you get the talking to.

I love that he coaches this way. The players know what is expected, and they know how they will be treated for not meeting, or exceeding, those expectations. Give the players the tools, allow them to use them, then reinforce the behavior. Great coaching stategy.

I would rather have Rivera and his "stoic" behavior, than some ninny with hat throwing fits.

Somehow I guess I felt the need to add my two cents to a post that did not need it. Oh well... such is life on the interwebz. Sorry CatMan.

2 people like this

I know its better then chewing gum and clapping on punts but do you think he should show some more emotion or keep his military like stares the way they are?

it's a shame that RR's coaching style doesn't agree with some..................

I'm sure there were fans that didn't like Tom Landry's demeanor.

1 person likes this

Never said i hated his style i love his cold stares i was just wondering if anyone else thought differently