Photo
- - - - -

Do you agree with Ron Rivera's Stoic Presence on the sidelines?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,976 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

...and don't assume that Rivera's stoic sideline demeanor means he doesn't rip guys a new ass when he needs to, because he does.

Also, there are times when giving a guy a certain look is much more powerful than anything you can say to him. All those sideline antics may make us fans feel better, but I don't think it makes much of a difference from a coaching standpoint.

I actually worry about a coach who is constantly losing his cool and screaming at people on the sideline, makes me wonder if he feels like he isn't in control of the team.

#17 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

Rex Ryan talks all of the time, and his team seems to not maintaining their great start. Plus I'd rather not hear if Coach Rivera has a foot fetish.

#18 Panthersfan704

Panthersfan704

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

Ron does yell and be emotional but it's usually off camera and we don't really get to see it...but he does use emotion..remember he was grown up in a military enviornment.

#19 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,976 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

nm

#20 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

never thought about it and really don't care....he can stand over there and eat hot dogs all game long as long as we are winning....

#21 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

I don't think Ron should yell at players on the sidelines. He should simply walk up to the player that is performing poorly, give them that stoic stare, and whip it out and urinate on them.

#22 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,976 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

This is similar to the Cam wearing a towel over his head discussion...

#23 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

I don't think it matters what I think. I would much rather RR be himself - be it stoic, gum chomping, or stroking off in a Gatorade towel (well, maybe not THAT one!) - than indulge in some sort of behavior because it plays well on television or to the fans. As long as his demeanor doesn't impair his ability to coach and lead the team, I really don't care what he does on the sidelines.

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,759 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

HIRE COWHER!!!!11!1!1!11! He yells and even SPITS and stuff!! You KNOW he means business.

meh....

and broseidon...yeah, that was sarcasm as well.

#25 Panther53521

Panther53521

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationHickory, NC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

if he over-reacts to things on the field, the team will over-react to things on the field. He is sending a message to stay claim to whatever happens good or bad

#26 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

He could wear a clown suit and take a nap on the bench for all I care. As long as there is no hand clapping or gum chewing.

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,759 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

I am not a fan of coaches who wear their emotions on their sleeve.

i actually think fox wore his emotions on his sleeve.

#28 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Rivera needs to be Rivera. Rather thats looking stoic all game or doing cartwheels every time we pick up a 1st down. It doesnt matter as long as he is being himself. What the hell is it with fans and their overreactions to players/coaches sideline demeanor??? I dont think iv ever followed a sports team where some fans didn't whine about how the coach or player was acting on the sideline. He's too serious, he's too goofy, he shows too much emotion, he doesnt show enough emotion etc. Seriously, on this issue, STFU.

#29 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Does the aspect of how he stands and looks on the sideline really have anything to do with the fact of how good or bad he is as a head coach? Classic huddle thread for sure

#30 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

We know Rivera gets his point across. Have we forgotten the training camp "everybody gather round" speech where he called everybody out for lack of effort, vets included?

The team respects this man, you can tell. He doesn't need to rip any asses on the sidelines (except for officials).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.