641 replies to this topic

#526 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Have they ever been this late with the final cuts before?

In the past they were due around 5:00 on Saturday. I can't remember how they were last year, but I know two years ago and beyond it was like that.

Usually we'd get news about an hour after the deadline.

#527 markbm62

markbm62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

Well apparently the FO and coach could care less what you want them to do. Jesus people....you sound like 12yo's when you bitch and rage about things that you have absolutely no control over.

Grow up.

I don’t believe I have bitched or raged about anything in a very long time. What I was talking about was having the coach and GM treat today like it was a mini draft day. You won’t find a post from me complaining about whom they have cut or who they should bring in. I am fairly sure they have better access to which player would fit the team more than me or anyone else on the huddle.

#528 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Actually, I feel bad for someone who can get that worked up over these kinds of things. I mean really? Can someone's life be so completely out of kilter that these things matter that much? That so much hate can be stored up for someone that they've never met in real life, have only seen on TV or played on Madden?

I wonder what it must be like having the rest of life be so trivial that this is the stuff that bothers someone? Winning or losing games... sure that's almost something that really matters in the big scheme of life. Getting all twisted up over the last few spots on a 53-man roster? Kid, get some help.

Relax a bit, enjoy the games. It's not life and death.

dude found some good anti depressants

#529 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,131 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

@josephperson

Again, it's not pins and needles here Tweeps. Not going to be any big names on that list, though there are a couple of long ones.

#530 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

@josephperson
Again, it's not pins and needles here Tweeps. Not going to be any big names on that list, though there are a couple of long ones.

Long names? Captain Munnerlyn? Joe Jon Finely? Those are the longest names on our roster...

#531 markbm62

markbm62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Is it still just 24 hours that a player stays on the waiver wire from July to Dec? If it is things should start popping Saturday morning if they find someone they like.

#532 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,594 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

Long names? Captain Munnerlyn? Joe Jon Finely? Those are the longest names on our roster...

If they cut the starting nickle back and really good special teams person with no proven people behind him i would be concerned for their mental health before i'd be concerned about this season.

#533 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

If they cut the starting nickle back and really good special teams person with no proven people behind him i was be concerned for their mental health before i'd be concerned about this season.

Yeah, I'm not concerned about the Captain. Just couldn't think of what else Person meant by long names. He was probably talking about Joe Jon.

#534 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Don't over analyze anything Joe Person says. He thinks way less than you do.

#535 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,223 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

I don’t believe I have bitched or raged about anything in a very long time. What I was talking about was having the coach and GM treat today like it was a mini draft day. You won’t find a post from me complaining about whom they have cut or who they should bring in. I am fairly sure they have better access to which player would fit the team more than me or anyone else on the huddle.

You were bitching that Hurney and Rivera were not in their offices burning up the Hone lines.

#536 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

This is a little crazy. Been an hour and a half

#537 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

I thought these deadlines were serious business? LOL, Hurney says F them.

And now, your Huddle Quotables For The Year, brought to you by Proudiddy:
Hurney Badger don't care, he does what he wants. Hurney Badger don't give a ish.

Chuck Norris wishes he was Marty Hurney. Marty Hurney doesn't meet deadlines. Marty Hurney goes to high school football games during the NFL's final cut day and makes deadlines meet him.

#538 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

so did Bryant make the team or not??????

Was he another Taye Bittle or the real deal?????

#539 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

A lot of pages here so forgive me.. but.... we traded for Colin Jones. How do we find these guys? And then trade for them...?

#540 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Panthers, Browns, Raiders and Bucs are the teams who haven't released all their cuts yet. Not great company to be keeping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com