641 replies to this topic

#601 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

We actually played Goodson early in the year but he was perma benched for fumbles. Guys will get nicked up or tired. Hell Stewart ankle is sprained right now.

Yeah but in our offense I don't see more than 2 healthy RBs getting touches. It's nice to have Tolbert but not worried about only having 2 "RBs".

#602 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,201 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Cutting Reggie Smith was a mistake. We kept DJ over him because like others have said, Hurney prides himself in keeping his draft picks on the team. You can see it on the roster it's so blantantly obvious. Nick Harris out performed Nortman. Smith was a better option than DJ. I mean AE and Clausen offer nothing at all to this team yet here they are.

Smith didn't do much.
Campbell played pretty well last night.

#603 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

What the hell is the big fuss over Bryant? He made one play all preseason and it was a fluke/result of shitty DB play.

#604 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

This place is going to explode if ae is ever active on game day over one of the other receivers!

I'm willing to bet that he's active every game day.

#605 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

When are teams allowed to start signing players to the practice squad?

Probably tomorrow after 12pm when they clear waivers

#606 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,719 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Well this thread certainly isn't in short supply of bleeding vaginas.

#607 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,918 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

AE on my couch...and in my head...The man has ZERO career receptions in the NFL for his CAREER!! smh

Posted Image

Oh well, I was going to knock back a few anyway, let the drinking begin. Maybe I won't care within the hour.

#608 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,071 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Cutting Reggie Smith was a mistake. We kept DJ over him because like others have said, Hurney prides himself in keeping his draft picks on the team. You can see it on the roster it's so blantantly obvious. Nick Harris out performed Nortman. Smith was a better option than DJ. I mean AE and Clausen offer nothing at all to this team yet here they are.

Incorrect. DJ was a Rivera special, as he scouted him personally at his alma mater, California. One of these days it will get through you people's heads that Hurney doesn't make these decisions alone.

#609 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,574 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hate to see Jason Williams go but his play on special teams was a little unsettling last night.

Armanti Edwards is Carolina's The Golden Calf of Bristol...people are obsessed with him love or hate but cant stop talking about a guy who is wasting roster space.

#610 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

What the hell is the big fuss over Bryant? He made one play all preseason and it was a fluke/result of shitty DB play.

Huddlers like heroes and villains - a naive and oversimplified way of explaining their problems. Armanti right now is the villian, he's apparently 'a waste of a roster spot' and it really doesn't matter if he's improving; people have already made up their minds about him. Bryant was a guy that could've potentially taken AE's spot - the hero that rises up from the ashes to defeat the wicked one. That's really all it is. People just like pigeonholing and turning into keyboard warriors.

#611 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Joe person is trying to prove himself to random people on twitter lol

#612 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

DJ Campbell is probably no more than a placeholder on the roster until we add another CB.

He was chosen as the placeholder because he's PS eligible.

It probably was not a case of them thinking he "beat out" Smith.

#613 MuchAdoAboutNewton

MuchAdoAboutNewton

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth Cakalack

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

This Armanti Edwards poo made me kick my dog...

across the street!!

God as my witness, I think I will throw a block party and foot the entire bill if he finally hits the damn street when Gettis comes back.

Do you typically care so much about the 53rd guy on a roster of 53? Seems trivial...if we're relying on the 52nd and 53rd guys the season is over anyways.

#614 Guest_Hokebuck_*

Guest_Hokebuck_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

Carolina Panthers

WR Seyi Ajirotutu, G Bryant Browning, WR Lamont Bryant, CB Darius Butler, DT Nate Chandler, TE Joe Jon Finley, WR Jared Green, S Jonathan Nelson, LB David Nixon, DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo, RB Tauren Poole, S Jordan Pugh, OL Matt Reynolds, TE Nelson Rosario, RB Armond Smith, S Reggie Smith, CB R.J. Stanford, DE Ryan Van Bergen, G Justin Wells, LB Jason Williams, G Zack Williams, LB Kion Wilson.

#615 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

Carolina Panthers

WR Seyi Ajirotutu, G Bryant Browning, WR Lamont Bryant, CB Darius Butler, DT Nate Chandler, TE Joe Jon Finley, WR Jared Green, S Jonathan Nelson, LB David Nixon, DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo, RB Tauren Poole, S Jordan Pugh, OL Matt Reynolds, TE Nelson Rosario, RB Armond Smith, S Reggie Smith, CB R.J. Stanford, DE Ryan Van Bergen, G Justin Wells, LB Jason Williams, G Zack Williams, LB Kion Wilson.

Thanks man, It's not like it's not posted in the OP or there are other threads about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.