112 replies to this topic

#46 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Does african studies fall in the History dept or is it its own dept? And what does one do with that degree? Civil Rights activist? Community organizer? All jokes aside is this degree on par with Art history etc?

#47 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

AA studies is a branch of liberal arts. That department has a Dean followed by a dean of liberal arts who oversees all the other branches. I went to a state school in the NC college system, while different schools offer different degrees/programs I assume the organizational structure is consistent.

But to my knowledge you can graduate with a B.A. In AA studies.

On a side note, the criticism of the department was a bit dismissive and to be frank I sensed some racial undertones. There were classes I took in college that I didn't do to well in like biometrics and then there were classes I excelled in like sports sociology. I just liked them better. It's not fair to criticize a student b/c they did poorly in a standardized class like math/science then accuse them of cheating because they did well In a class that is probably taught differently from every instructor and reflected on a students ethnicity or culture. Let's be honest here I'm sure 99% of the students in those classes were AA.

#48 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

On a side note, the criticism of the department was a bit dismissive and to be frank I sensed some racial undertones.

Like, calling them "thugs"?

#49 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

I know this may be hard for an ignorant 20 year old to comprehend but every black person who gets arrested is not a thug. White people can be thugs too. Our prisons are littered with plenty of them. I'm not interested in the way your brain is wired.

I bet you think every white man who drives a truck is a redneck, too?

Do you have an anxiety attack when a middle eastern person boards your plane?

#50 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

I know this may be hard for an ignorant 20 year old to comprehend but every black person who gets arrested is not a thug.

Nope I agree. If only it were actually applied fairly instead a substitute for the n-word which it currently is in most cases including yours.

Gosh I even remember a time when people claimed the n-word wasn't racist and could apply to white people too (white people that were "acting black"). Or that all black people aren't n-words, just the stupid ones.

Anyway I know that everyone loves to play this cutesy game with other people to see how subtle they be with racism and try to convince others they aren't actually racist. I'm not gonna get into that and that's the last thing I'll say on the matter.

#51 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,142 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

There's no investigation needed

Making poor grades in real classes? Automatic Banhammer

Making good grades in fake classes? No violations here boss!

im guessing state has internet trolling classes, just low expectations. or maybe you're in your first semester there? never give up!

#52 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

I'd also like to add, and I'm not shocked this hasn't been mentioned, but the statute of limitations for the NCAA is four years.

Exceptions can be made like they were for Penn St. Over 40 felonies were committed and the programs facilities were being used to exploit, pimp out, and molest children.

The NCAA is not going to pursue this to bust a few unethical professors and football players who never graduated and obviously wouldn't be at unc if it weren't for their athletic ability. Momentum is also important in legal matters, and Carolina certainly has that on our side.

Your turn trolls

#53 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

The NCAAs position on this is that it's up to the institution to determine what qualifies as a legit class, that's not the NCAA's job. So if a school wants to offer dozens of independent study courses with no syllabus and no instructor and hand out free As to everybody, they can do it. UNC's administration just has to decide what their school's purpose is. Is it there to please theTar Heel fans that never set foot in a Chapel Hill classroom or library in their life and couldn't care less how much the value of the degree is cheapened? Or is it there to serve it's students and alumni, who seem just as unanimously disgusted with this scandal as the bandwagoners are dismissive? The NCAA may not be imposing further penalties, but that doesn't mean the whole thing is over. There are professors and powerful alumni who are agitating for change at UNC, and the other shoe may be yet to drop.

#54 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

Is TOB on the hot seat after a L to UCONN Saturday?

#tarheelproud #allsmiles

#55 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

The NCAAs position on this is that it's up to the institution to determine what qualifies as a legit class, that's not the NCAA's job. So if a school wants to offer dozens of independent study courses with no syllabus and no instructor and hand out free As to everybody, they can do it. UNC's administration just has to decide what their school's purpose is. Is it there to please theTar Heel fans that never set foot in a Chapel Hill classroom or library in their life and couldn't care less how much the value of the degree is cheapened? Or is it there to serve it's students and alumni, who seem just as unanimously disgusted with this scandal as the bandwagoners are dismissive? The NCAA may not be imposing further penalties, but that doesn't mean the whole thing is over. There are professors and powerful alumni who are agitating for change at UNC, and the other shoe may be yet to drop.

Oh state fans. You don't give up do you? Still spewing bullshit that isn't true.

#56 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hey guyz I think the third string QB pissed and forgot to put the toilet seat up. If u post about it on a message board maybe you can get Roy Williams fired.

#57 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

Oh look two posters who only care about the sports teams because they were too dumb in High School to get into UNC.

#58 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

Over/under the amount of skin tags Panthro has around his neck(s)?

Opening number is at 7.

#59 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

My neck beard covers them up.

#60 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

Oh state fans. You don't give up do you? Still spewing bullshit that isn't true.

Which part of this wasn't true? Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true. Why dont you come back and talk trash the week we're playing your alma mater, assuming we start scheduling the local community colleges. Anyway, yeah, TOB will be on the hot seat if we have a bad season, but he won't be fired after 2 games. UConn is an interesting matchup, they have a tough defense, hopefully we can find some consistency on offense this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.