• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#61 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Oh look two posters who only care about the sports teams because they were too dumb in High School to get into UNC.

Posted Image

Which part of this wasn't true? Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true. Why dont you come back and talk trash the week we're playing your alma mater, assuming we start scheduling the local community colleges. Anyway, yeah, TOB will be on the hot seat if we have a bad season, but he won't be fired after 2 games. UConn is an interesting matchup, they have a tough defense, hopefully we can find some consistency on offense this week.

So if a school wants to offer dozens of independent study courses with no syllabus and no instructor and hand out free As to everybody,

That.

#62 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

Posted Image
So if a school wants to offer dozens of independent study courses with no syllabus and no instructor and hand out free As to everybody,

That.

I guess you haven't been following the story. That's what happened over at Chapel Hill. Guys were taking independent study courses that never met, turning in papers that any idiot could easily see we're plagiarized, having grades changed and signatures forged on records, etc. Say what you want about State fans on message boards, but when it takes them 30 seconds to realize a paper is blatantly ripped off, yet the tutor, the professor, and the student honor court at UNC saw no reason to suspect any wrongdoing, that leads me to believe something is going on. Again, every student and alum of UNC I've talked to is embarrassed and wants this whole mess cleaned up, no matter how much that may embarrass or hurt the sports teams. I don't take any joy in this happening, but I also want it cleaned up, I'd like to see the reputation of the state university system remain intact, obviously. As far as the rivalry, it's between NC State University and the University of North Carolina. You guys can choose a side and cheer from the sidelines if you want, but you're not part of it.

#63 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,272 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

I'm a TARHEEL born and a TARHEEL bred and when I die I'll be a TARHEEL dead

Going to the game today and wearing my TARHEEL football colors proud!

#64 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

You guys can choose a side and cheer from the sidelines if you want, but you're not part of it.

That thinking is absurd and frankly idiotic. I'm sorry but when i give money to the school and have my whole life and will continue to do so that makes me part of the rivalry. When my entire family extended or otherwise are all fans of NC schools throughout (wake state duke ecu) and we get together and have a great time watching the games and giving each other poo that makes me part of the rivalry. I didn't go to college. I chose to do my own thing and am doing very well. I think it's cute that you guys try to down people cause they didn't go to UNC as if that makes them not a fan. Most kids these days don't even go to a university that has D1 athletics. Get off your high horse.

#65 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

I guess you haven't been following the story. That's what happened over at Chapel Hill. Guys were taking independent study courses that never met, turning in papers that any idiot could easily see we're plagiarized, having grades changed and signatures forged on records, etc. Say what you want about State fans on message boards, but when it takes them 30 seconds to realize a paper is blatantly ripped off, yet the tutor, the professor, and the student honor court at UNC saw no reason to suspect any wrongdoing, that leads me to believe something is going on. Again, every student and alum of UNC I've talked to is embarrassed and wants this whole mess cleaned up, no matter how much that may embarrass or hurt the sports teams. I don't take any joy in this happening, but I also want it cleaned up, I'd like to see the reputation of the state university system remain intact, obviously. As far as the rivalry, it's between NC State University and the University of North Carolina. You guys can choose a side and cheer from the sidelines if you want, but you're not part of it.

Do you really, I mean really, think that irregularities that occurred in 9% of the classes in just 1 of the over 100 departments, programs, and curricula at UNC is reflective of the academic integrity of the university as a whole? If the answer to that question is yes, then I would suggest it is you who is unable to consider this situation objectively.

#66 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Do you really, I mean really, think that irregularities that occurred in 9% of the classes in just 1 of the over 100 departments, programs, and curricula at UNC is reflective of the academic integrity of the university as a whole? If the answer to that question is yes, then I would suggest it is you who is unable to consider this situation objectively.

I don't think it devalues the degrees of graduates in other departments, but it certainly affects the university's reputation. This kind of fraud is a big deal in academia, that's why the faculty is so upset over there. And I never said you couldn't be a fan, but let's face it, you choose to root for the most popular team in the state, and the one that almost everyone who doesn't go to any college ends up rooting for. It's just like people who aren't from New York but somehow end up being Yankee fans, not that they're bandwagon jumpers or anything. For lifelong Oriole fans like myself, that's annoying. And for State students like myself, the UNC bandwagoners are annoying too, especially when they're getting pissed off at our fanbase for exposing fraud instead of getting pissed off at the people who committed the fraud.

#67 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

I don't think it devalues the degrees of graduates in other departments, but it certainly affects the university's reputation. This kind of fraud is a big deal in academia, that's why the faculty is so upset over there. And I never said you couldn't be a fan, but let's face it, you choose to root for the most popular team in the state, and the one that almost everyone who doesn't go to any college ends up rooting for. It's just like people who aren't from New York but somehow end up being Yankee fans, not that they're bandwagon jumpers or anything. For lifelong Oriole fans like myself, that's annoying. And for State students like myself, the UNC bandwagoners are annoying too, especially when they're getting pissed off at our fanbase for exposing fraud instead of getting pissed off at the people who committed the fraud.

My parents had been UNC fans since the 50s so naturally i became one.I just don't think it's fair to act like you are better than me especially since i didn't even go to college. I agree we have a lot of bandwagoners so i understand the intent behind it.

It hurts but i definitely think we can recover from it.

#68 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Look, I don't know if you're family has been UNC fans or whatever. I'm sure you see Cowboys fans in NC that aren't from Texas and think, "damn annoying Cowboys fans." Same with NY Yankee fans. They're annoying ass fanbases and UNC is the same way. Maybe you're not one of the bad ones, but the point is there are a lot of jackasses that didn't go to any school and choose to be Tarheel fans and then have the nerve to bitch that State students and alums are harming the reputation of their beloved university that they have nothing whatsoever to do with. So, for the record, if there's an ACC school that we have to play against and recruit against that's cheating, I support that cheating being exposed. When game week comes around, I have fun going back and forth, with all due respect, with students and alum from Chapel Hill. But when some dude starts talking crap because he choose to be a fan of the popular school down the road, I don't feel the need to show a whole lot of respect.

#69 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,928 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

@dailytarheel
BREAKING: UNC Vice Chancellor for Advancement Matt Kupec has resigned following questions regarding his travel expenses, UNC says.

@dailytarheel
UNC: An internal investigation has been launched into Kupec's travel expenses. "This is a difficult day," says @chanthorp.

@dankanenando
UNC-CH's top fundraiser Matt Kupec resigns after questionable travel with Tyler Hansbrough's mother, also a fundraiser

lol dude was smashing Hansbroughs mom on the schools watch

Posted Image

#70 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

(and resurrected)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Posted Image

#71 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

(and resurrected)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Anyone know why I can't view state's scout boards?

WTF

#72 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

Pretty sure dude flying Hansborough's mom around to weekend getaways on the taxpayer dime will be blamed on State fans somehow. Then again, if you went to East Bumfug Community College, still no reason to worry about this, as long as it doesn't affect the Heels on the court or the field.

#73 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

Look, I don't know if you're family has been UNC fans or whatever. I'm sure you see Cowboys fans in NC that aren't from Texas and think, "damn annoying Cowboys fans." Same with NY Yankee fans. They're annoying ass fanbases and UNC is the same way. Maybe you're not one of the bad ones, but the point is there are a lot of jackasses that didn't go to any school and choose to be Tarheel fans and then have the nerve to bitch that State students and alums are harming the reputation of their beloved university that they have nothing whatsoever to do with. So, for the record, if there's an ACC school that we have to play against and recruit against that's cheating, I support that cheating being exposed. When game week comes around, I have fun going back and forth, with all due respect, with students and alum from Chapel Hill. But when some dude starts talking crap because he choose to be a fan of the popular school down the road, I don't feel the need to show a whole lot of respect.

My immediate family is. My aunt and uncle are State fans. have some cousins who are Duke fans. It's just what i grew up with. Going to games at the Dean Dome and Kenan. I definitely know what you mean and get where the animosity comes from. I just take it very personally when someone tries to act like i'm some bandwagoning poo. Hell i've been a Falcons fan my whole life too. That's not exactly fun. I follow UNC football same as i do basketball. Glad we could tone it down and discuss this like rational people.

I won't understand the you can't be a fan if you didn't go there rationale simply because i never went to college and UNC is what i grew up with. Should i just stop cheering for the team i have cheered for my entire life?

#74 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

Finger Licking Good?

Posted Image

Plenty of government funded waste to go around, Im sure a dinner at Mortons and a room at the Hilton is the least of our worries as taxpayers. lol

#75 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,272 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Let's recap what's happened with all the Carolina BS:

1. The NCAA has gone on record not once, but twice, and said Carolina has broke NO NCAA rules making this a non-story and clearing them of any further sanctions.

2. NC State has had two players, one being a prized basketball recruit and the other being a starter on the football team, suspended for academic reasons. The basketball player will not suit up this year pending an appeal.

3. Duke basketball has been linked to potentially severe jewelry/special treatment from one it's starters on the '10 NC team.

4. Now you bozos are crying about how the school uses it's resources and a fuging airplane. In a couple weeks, you babies will be whining about some basketball player not putting the toilet seat down after he's taken a piss. Crybabies.

Check mate, Carolina haters.

HOW SWEET IT IS!!!! PROUD TO BE A TARHEEL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com