Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sapper

Official DNC thread

328 posts in this topic

and I'd categorize a lot of those as privileges..not freedoms...no one fought so you could take a shampoo bottle on a plane or drink a beer on the beach...it was simply stupid people who had those nice privileges taken away from us...assholes

or maybe I'm wrong..I just don't consider those as actual freedoms...

I miss my friends not making complete fools out of themselves by trying to argue politics.

I think that making sure your plane does not blow up so you can continue to have the freedom to travel freely throughout the country is not a bad thing. There are technicalities in implementation we can happily argue about all day though.

I think that making sure your plane does not blow up so you can continue to have the freedom to travel freely throughout the country is not a bad thing. There are technicalities in implementation we can happily argue about all day though.

Planes do not blow up...buildings smack them out of the air.

Planes do not blow up...buildings smack them out of the air.

Short term memory bro?

Short term memory bro?

sorry..forgot /sarcasm tag

Privilege? How do you discern the difference between a privilege and a freedom or a right? How do you quantify it? Technically the state says that driving is a privilege, and maybe that's the case in a big city with very adequate public transportation. But in the south, if you can't drive you're fugged. Obviously you don't deserve to drive if you're stupid behind the wheel. But no good job is going to hire you unless you have that "privilege." Might as well be on probation if you don't have that "privilege". I think "privilege" in terms of government really is a euphemism for "freedom we'll take away from your ass."

I miss my friends not making complete fools out of themselves by trying to argue politics.

today i learned i'm not jase's friend.

:(

Surely you aren't defending the Patriot Act.