I miss Eastland Mall's skating rink :(

#197 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

Yes, we need more of the same. Instead of going back to what caused it.

http://money.cnn.com....html?hpt=hp_t1

http://money.cnn.com...tml?iid=Popular

http://www.realtor.o...e-sales-rebound

#198 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

I miss freedom.

I'd love you to elaborate on the freedoms you miss

#199 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,477 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

i mean, given that it's by far the largest social program in the world (both public and corporate) it seems that we'll all be joining the military sooner or later.

military spending is just a republican plot to keep us dependent on the military forever and kill private industry warghbargl

#200 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

Where's the list MaulClaw?

#201 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

LOL

there might be an answer here....

https://www.facebook...135075986512050

AHHAHAHHA..Here ya go, Panthro..just for you :)

https://www.facebook...281121528609972

#202 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,307 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

http://www.aei-ideas...sfer-machine-2/

Posted Image

Posted Image

#203 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Freedom to have a beer on the beach, freedom to smoke a cigarette wherever I want just not indoors. Freedom to take shampoo on an airplane. Freedom to heal from an injury and not lose my job. Freedom to the rights of my own information as opposed to it being passed to every marketing firm there is. Freedom to smoke a doob if I want. Freedom to play my music loud in my house after 10. Freedom to not always have my dog on a leash. Freedom to have liability insurance on a car with a lien. Freedom to keep a knife in my car for protection. Freedom to leave the country and not have to spend a bunch of money getting a passport in order. Freedom from the patriot act. Freedom to not have whatever I say on facebook monitored. There are a lot of little things.

#204 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,056 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

Freedom to have a beer on the beach, freedom to smoke a cigarette wherever I want just not indoors. Freedom to take shampoo on an airplane... Freedom to smoke a doob if I want. Freedom to play my music loud in my house after 10. Freedom to not always have my dog on a leash. .

Does anyone remember the hashtag #1stworldproblems

Posted Image

#205 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Freedom to drive 120 miles an hour in a school zone. Freedom to have sex with my own damn daughter when I feel like it. Freedom to build explosive devices from fertilizer. Freedom to supplement my income with a basement meth lab. Freedom to shoot at the mailman if he comes too close to my house, Freedom to paint my low income apartment complex with cheaper lead paint. Freedom to let my rabid dog out unsupervised. Freedom to shoot my elected representative but only if they really deserve it.

#206 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,477 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Freedom to drive 120 miles an hour in a school zone. Freedom to have sex with my own damn daughter when I feel like it. Freedom to build explosive devices from fertilizer. Freedom to supplement my income with a basement meth lab. Freedom to shoot at the mailman if he comes too close to my house, Freedom to paint my low income apartment complex with cheaper lead paint. Freedom to let my rabid dog out unsupervised. Freedom to shoot my elected representative but only if they really deserve it.

well 15 new members with NSA IP addresses just registered

#207 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,307 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

http://abcnews.go.co...-work-for-bain/

DNC astro...unionastroturfing.

The Democratic National Convention on Wednesday featured three speakers billed as “former employees of companies controlled by Bain Capital.”
They each told compelling stories about jobs lost, allegedly because of the actions of Bain under Romney’s leadership.
But it turns out one of those employees never actually worked for a company controlled by Bain Capital.

But the Romney campaign has released its own version of what happened at GST Steel. The video features a former executive, Huselton, who says that Bain’s actions actually saved the company.
“There’s this vampire story that Bain comes in and shows it’s teeth and sucks the blood out of the operation,” says Huselton. “It’s really quite the opposite. We went out looking for a blood donor. Bain came in, and the way I look at it actually gave us a blood transfusion."

#208 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

That's pretty funny.

Listen we have less freedom because we are more constricted then we've ever been. So yeah it is hard to say I'm not free here or I'm not free there. I can fart when I want, and I can say what I want on this board within reason. But I identify my freedom with the ability to grow personally and professionally.

I would like the freedom to go sell bottles of water at the beach, and even though I technically am free to do so. There are so many walls you have to climb (i.e zoning, renting space, city approval), and there so much cost involved with being able to do it that I'm kind of not free to do it. It's called monetary control. If you don't think this country hasn't evolved into a hi tech monetary slave system then you're wrong, and equate that with freedom.

#209 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

This is called the price you pay for living in a civilized society. We have rules. I'll bet you can smoke where ever you like in Sudan but I'd argue that they are less free than you are.

#210 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

That's pretty funny.

Listen we have less freedom because we are more constricted then we've ever been. So yeah it is hard to say I'm not free here or I'm not free there. I can fart when I want, and I can say what I want on this board within reason. But I identify my freedom with the ability to grow personally, professionally, and to be self reliant when it comes to my own income.

An example, I would like the freedom to go sell bottles of water at the beach, and even though I technically am free to do so. There are so many walls you have to climb (i.e zoning, renting space, city approval), and there so much cost involved with being able to do it that I'm kind of not free to do it. It's called monetary control. If you don't think this country hasn't evolved into a hi tech monetary slave system (except for those with a lot of disposable income) then you're wrong, and I equate that with freedom. Working hard, working smart, being efficient, and being loyal isn't enough anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.