331 replies to this topic

#211 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

and I'd categorize a lot of those as privileges..not freedoms...no one fought so you could take a shampoo bottle on a plane or drink a beer on the beach...it was simply stupid people who had those nice privileges taken away from us...assholes

or maybe I'm wrong..I just don't consider those as actual freedoms...

#212 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,528 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

I miss my friends not making complete fools out of themselves by trying to argue politics.

#213 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,765 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

I think that making sure your plane does not blow up so you can continue to have the freedom to travel freely throughout the country is not a bad thing. There are technicalities in implementation we can happily argue about all day though.

#214 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

I think that making sure your plane does not blow up so you can continue to have the freedom to travel freely throughout the country is not a bad thing. There are technicalities in implementation we can happily argue about all day though.

Planes do not blow up...buildings smack them out of the air.

#215 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Planes do not blow up...buildings smack them out of the air.

Short term memory bro?

#216 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Short term memory bro?

sorry..forgot /sarcasm tag

#217 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Privilege? How do you discern the difference between a privilege and a freedom or a right? How do you quantify it? Technically the state says that driving is a privilege, and maybe that's the case in a big city with very adequate public transportation. But in the south, if you can't drive you're fugged. Obviously you don't deserve to drive if you're stupid behind the wheel. But no good job is going to hire you unless you have that "privilege." Might as well be on probation if you don't have that "privilege". I think "privilege" in terms of government really is a euphemism for "freedom we'll take away from your ass."

#218 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

I miss my friends not making complete fools out of themselves by trying to argue politics.

today i learned i'm not jase's friend.

:(

#219 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Surely you aren't defending the Patriot Act.

#220 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,765 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Surely

#221 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

That's pretty funny.

Listen we have less freedom because we are more constricted then we've ever been. So yeah it is hard to say I'm not free here or I'm not free there. I can fart when I want, and I can say what I want on this board within reason. But I identify my freedom with the ability to grow personally and professionally.

I would like the freedom to go sell bottles of water at the beach, and even though I technically am free to do so. There are so many walls you have to climb (i.e zoning, renting space, city approval), and there so much cost involved with being able to do it that I'm kind of not free to do it. It's called monetary control. If you don't think this country hasn't evolved into a hi tech monetary slave system then you're wrong, and equate that with freedom.

Fwiw, its always been that way. Local government have had the power to regulate business within their borders since colonial times. In some ways, they had more ability to shut them down. For example, 225 years ago very few businesses were allowed to operate on Sundays. The only thing that has really changed is how the businesses are regulated and that the towns themselves have grown.

#222 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,230 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

today i learned i'm not jase's friend.

:(

Today I learned he has friends

#223 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Honestly, my favorite part of the convention so far has been the trucks witt 20 ft billboards of aborted fetuses.

It's really going to help me shed these 5-7 vanity pounds I need to lose because I won't be able to eat for at least a week.

#224 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

can i have yours then?

#225 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,230 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

I hope they are aborting fetuses that are 20 ft tall...fuging giants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.