Photo
- - - - -

Official DNC thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
331 replies to this topic

#325 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

The word my boss put out this week, its a good time to avoid Charlotte and take time off. :)

They invaded all Charlotte and settled down in every area of the city in great numbers. Never before had there been such a plague of locusts I mean Democrats, nor will there ever be again. Exodus 10:14

My nuclear fuel cycles professor canceled his travel plans last weekend that would've taken him through Charlotte.

#326 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

#327 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Do Successful Business people make good Presidents?

Businessmen make good businessmen.

Historically, they have not done well as President's. We've had five President's with significant business experience that were successful since 1900. Carter, Bush I, Bush II, Harding, and Hoover. Yep.....Those five.

Read more: http://feedproxy.goo...l#ixzz25YtIW0nQ

(Newser) – Earlier this week, Mitt Romney applauded a store owner's idea: The Constitution should be amended to require presidents to have three years of business experience. The idea—little discussed amid Trump-centric headlines—speaks to a fantasy that's demonstrably inaccurate, writes Timothy Egan in the New York Times. Businessmen don't necessarily make great presidents; in fact, some of history's worst presidents have been businessmen, while the best have no experience in the field.

Such an amendment would rule out both Roosevelts, John F. Kennedy, and Dwight Eisenhower—not to mention Ronald Reagan. In fact, six out of 10 of the best presidents, according to a survey of scholars, wouldn't be eligible for the job. Meanwhile, two of the worst presidents in the same survey, Herbert Hoover and George W. Bush, were businessmen. As for Romney himself, his Bain experience didn't equate to job creation as governor: Massachusetts was 47th in the union in job creation under Mitt. On the other hand, Bill Clinton—not a business guy—was "the biggest job creator of modern times."

http://www.newser.co...presidents.html

I think that Harding prevented the economy from collapsing before Hoover ruined it.

The Roosevelts, Kennedy, Eisenhower, and Reagan were disappointing.

#328 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

an oldie but a goodie

Posted Image

#329 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

That's my gut feeling, too. He is too arrogant to change. Clinton is friends with both Bushes. No one is friends with this a-hole.

It's hard to humble yourself when you've been raised, educated, and trained to always be in the right and never accept otherwise. The more arrogant posters on this board are proof of that.

This is why Benjamin Franklin appended humility to the end of his list of originally 12 virtues. He considered it the hardest quality for intelligent and proud men to learn.

#330 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Changing the subject (whatever it is)...the convention was great. Charlotte looked very impressive. I heard nothing but compliments for the city and people. Well done. The former chairman even said he wanted Charlotte to be the permanent convention convention site. I am sure an exaggeration but a very big compliment.

#331 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

an oldie but a goodie

Posted Image

Posted Image

#332 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies