#106 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,162 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

There will be a game or two this season where it's fairly obvious by the 3rd quarter that the Panthers are not going to win.

Pull Cam/Smith.

Clausen and Armanti y'all bout to earn that paycheck.

#107 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

good point. but i think there is something to be said for the fan's perspective. sometimes coaches get too involved and can't see the forest for the trees. fans, the ultimate equalizer, bring that all into perspective.

I managers and coaches listened to the fans you would have the broncos of last year and The Golden Calf of Bristol playing qb for you... You want that?

#108 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,278 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

I managers and coaches listened to the fans you would have the broncos of last year and The Golden Calf of Bristol playing qb for you... You want that?

not that coaches must listen to it, but just pointing out it is there for a reason. after all, we are in this business to make money. the starting point for that objective is making fans happy.

#109 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

Posted Image

#110 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,070 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

I wonder

If there was a player on a team with no catches, no touchdowns, converted qb to wr with average speed seemingly no confidence and no promise and he WASN'T from App State would you guys blindly fuging defend him?

It's like you guys think we hate him being on the team for no reason. He's done nothing to prove he's a starting, hell, a average calibur WR. Granted he HAS improved some over his 3 years here but he still doesn't look anything close to a competent NFL WR. CBs dominaite him, he doesn't catch well in traffic and he just doesn't play fast.

I want him to do well because he's a Panther, but I'm not expecting anything because he hasn't SHOWN anything. Dwayne Jarret at least made some nice catches but he still wasn't worth poo and the fanbase rightfully wanted him gone.

So Hokebuck and whoever else defends Armanti take off your homer glasses for 5 fuging minutes, and tell me, honestly, why should Armanti Edwards still be a member of the Carolina Panthers, or hell, ANY NFL team? What does he bring to the table? I won't lie, what he did at App St. was tremendous, but that doesn't mean it'll transfer into the NFL. So be completely honest; do you honestly think he's earned this roster spot?

#111 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

I will try to stay optimistic and hope he shows flashes this season. I hope Armanti becomes a good player for us and is agood story. but seriously, this is his last chance. If he can't get the job done, it's time to go.

#112 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

I'm hoping that Armanti has a break out year. If nothing else, it'll be fun watching the reactions on here.

You guys have been trolled by this thing for three years now. You'd think you'd catch on and quit worrying about it. But just say Armanti Edwards and watch you guys start foaming at the mouth.

It used to bother me, but heck, after I figured out who the joke was on, it got to be pretty funny.

#113 kornicova

kornicova

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

There is no way in hell a GM would keep a player solely to piss off the fans, that is just stupid. While I have expected more out of him over the last few years there is obviously something that he brings to the table otherwise he wouldn't have made it in year one let alone 2 and 3. The Armanti hate on this board is ridiculous, I get it, not many people think we should have wasted a 2nd rounder on him (me included) but at the end of the day he is a panther and if the coaches think he is able to help this team more than another player then they will keep him, which is obviously the case.

End of story

#114 SnarkAttack

SnarkAttack

Master of Disaster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

I wonder

If there was a player on a team with no catches, no touchdowns, converted qb to wr with average speed seemingly no confidence and no promise and he WASN'T from App State would you guys blindly fuging defend him?

It's like you guys think we hate him being on the team for no reason. He's done nothing to prove he's a starting, hell, a average calibur WR. Granted he HAS improved some over his 3 years here but he still doesn't look anything close to a competent NFL WR. CBs dominaite him, he doesn't catch well in traffic and he just doesn't play fast.

I want him to do well because he's a Panther, but I'm not expecting anything because he hasn't SHOWN anything. Dwayne Jarret at least made some nice catches but he still wasn't worth poo and the fanbase rightfully wanted him gone.

So Hokebuck and whoever else defends Armanti take off your homer glasses for 5 fuging minutes, and tell me, honestly, why should Armanti Edwards still be a member of the Carolina Panthers, or hell, ANY NFL team? What does he bring to the table? I won't lie, what he did at App St. was tremendous, but that doesn't mean it'll transfer into the NFL. So be completely honest; do you honestly think he's earned this roster spot?

I don't think anyone is defending his play on the field - he obviously hasn't contributed. Obviously, the coaches think he CAN contribute. Why else would they leave him on the team? You watch these guy play 20 games per year while the coaches are around them every day for 6-8 months. Who do you think has the better perspective of which guys are NFL-caliber? This comes into play every time the draft rolls around and all of the armchair GMs on this board "swear!" they know who the best pick is. Seriously - there's no conspiracy. Hurney and Co. truthfully believe Armanti brings more to the table than the guys who were let go. That's it.

#115 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

Let me ask the same question I asked last night and never got an answer to: Can you point to a single Armanti Edwards highlight in regular season or even in freaking preseason play? If you can't, and considering he's somehow been here for 3 preseasons and 2 regular seasons, does that warrant him still being on this roster?

#116 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

SnarkAttack and all others, the conspiracy is that Jerry Richardson is behind this and won't let Hurney/Rivera cut Armanti.

#117 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

I will try to stay optimistic and hope he shows flashes this season. I hope Armanti becomes a good player for us and is agood story. but seriously, this is his last chance. If he can't get the job done, it's time to go.

This is moving the goalposts again though. People said over and over that this PRESEASON was his last chance and then it would be time for him to go if he didn't flash then. He didn't have a single highlight/breakout play from this preseason, not one, and yet he's apparently getting ANOTHER chance.

#118 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

I wonder

Bingo. Dwayne Freaking Jarrett had more of a positive impact on the Panthers than Armanti has had.

#119 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,020 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

SnarkAttack and all others, the conspiracy is that Jerry Richardson is behind this and won't let Hurney/Rivera cut Armanti.

It's Jerry's team. wtf are you talking about?

#120 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

No doubt that is the logic.

Get over it. Armanti made the cut because he deserved to make the team. Your grade school super duper back door hijacking did not occur. It's fantasy. This is the NFL. You don't let little Johnny make the team because his dad is a part time coach. It's hard to grasp after all this time and effort expended on hating the guy, but damn it man.

You people keep posting the same argument over and over. I ask, why is he here? You reply "because he deserved to make the team". So it's basically, he's here because he's here. How in the hell is that an argument?

I want you or someone else to actually tell me WHY he deserved to make the team. He is the exact same player Jerald Green is, yet Jerald Green is much much faster. Hell, he didn't even flash as much as Lamont Bryant did.

As others have pointed out, if Armanti hadn't been drafted where he was with a 2nd round pick being traded for him and had come in as an UDFA, there is no chance in hell that he makes this roster. NONE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com